Memphis Depay

FC433

Lyon President Aulas reflects on Memphis Depay not making his desired move to Barcelona:

"Today, he is disappointed, but not towards Lyon, more towards Barcelona. He's going to do everything he can to find himself in a position to move there in January."
https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1313838243725619201?s=20

"?Since the beginning I have been clear with Memphis. I spoke with President Bartomeu at Barcelona twice, he told me he couldn?t see how things could happen. I know that Koeman made him continue to hope and that Memphis was ready to make sacrifices. Today, he is disappointed, but not towards Lyon, more towards Barcelona. He is going to do everything he can to find himself in a position where he moves there in January. It is not up to me to make that decision, it is Juninho, in the same way that he has taken full responsibility for transfer situations with Vincent Ponsot. Rudi Garcia, he, fought with everything he had for Memphis to stay. I have not abandoned the idea of extending his contract (Depay?s), but as he has always said no, it looks difficult to do.?"

Sorin

Good, if Koeman wants him so bad we'll get him in January for a reduced fee, or for free in the summer. No point in paying 25m for a player that wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.

soul24rage

I'd honestly get someone like Llorente or Giroud as a plan B striker over Depay.

At least they offer something different to what we have.

Sorin

I'd honestly get someone like Llorente or Giroud as a plan B striker over Depay.

At least they offer something different to what we have.

Agreed on the plan B striker, although I think both those guys are done.

I would only get Depay next summer for free and if we can get rid of Griezmann. I wouldn't pay a dime for him and I certainly wouldn't get another player with the same damn profile as the players we already have. It's just insane at this point doing this kind of transfers over and over again.

soul24rage

No giroud pls, he didnt even had a shot in a WC winner team as a striker

True, but he was mainly tasked to hold the ball up and link up with his teammates.

We don't have anyone in our squad who can provide something like that and it is good to have someone like him as a plan B imo.

I would only get Depay next summer for free and if we can get rid of Griezmann. I wouldn't pay a dime for him and I certainly wouldn't get another player with the same damn profile as the players we already have. It's just insane at this point doing this kind of transfers over and over again.

I agree that those two are done. I meant more like wanting someone with a similar skillset to those two.

Also agree on the second sentence.

mc_lovin

Like who?

Home of Barca Fans