Memphis Depay

gregorrin10

Memphis Depay has deleted his photo with the Bar?a shirt on his Instagram profile. He has also removed that he is a Bar?a player. [via@tjuanmarti]

Did remove that he was playing for Netherlands too, so most likely it's still nothing, but would love for us to sell him and finally make some money on a player, either in January or in the summer. He's not needed, doesn't fit in anywhere in the formation, just like Coutinho.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Memphis Depay has deleted his photo with the Bar?a shirt on his Instagram profile. He has also removed that he is a Bar?a player. [via@tjuanmarti]

Did remove that he was playing for Netherlands too, so most likely it's still nothing, but would love for us to sell him and finally make some money on a player, either in January or in the summer. He's not needed, doesn't fit in anywhere in the formation, just like Coutinho.

It's nothing. He just uploaded a new profile picture and might have deleted a text saying he is a Barca and Netherlands player, which was pretty needless information anyway as he has loads of Barca and Netherlands pictures on his Instagram.

Looking at the public training today, he's shooting them balls into net precisely and sharp. The much needed rest has done him well.

Should judge him in the summer and not now given how chaotic our forward line was in his first few months. Surround him for a longer period with better players in Ansu, Dembele and maybe Ferran and we'll see if he really doesn't fit in.

Porque

Should be better when he is back. Theres a positively surrounding the team now and shared offensive responsibility.

If we manage to win the SuperCopa then we will have an exciting second half season imo.

Messi983

It's nothing. He just uploaded a new profile picture and might have deleted a text saying he is a Barca and Netherlands player, which was pretty needless information anyway as he has loads of Barca and Netherlands pictures on his Instagram.

Looking at the public training today, he's shooting them balls into net precisely and sharp. The much needed rest has done him well.

Should judge him in the summer and not now given how chaotic our forward line was in his first few months. Surround him for a longer period with better players in Ansu, Dembele and maybe Ferran and we'll see if he really doesn't fit in.

Yeah, people are really making too much fuss and assumptions based on players activities on social media. When we've signed him people were worried he'll get distracted by off the filed stuff (like music) but from what I've seen on his Ig it's almost 100% football related. Of course that doesn't mean he has no other interests outside of his job like all normal people but I have nothing to doubt his professionalism and commitment to the club. And until proven otherwise he'll have my full support as long as he's here.

He might not be the best fit for what Xavi wants and if that's the case and we get a good offer in summer then I'm not against selling. We shouldn't desperately try to sell him under price or make some stupid swap deals to end up with a worse player eventually as he's still a useful player on affordable wages to keep around. What's also true though is there was way too much pressure on him as he was our only healthy, dependable and proven forward option before he got injured. And his injury was also just a question of time as he was clearly overplayed which also affected his performances.

Andresito

Staff member
Remember that his contract is out in 2023. If he really wants to stay he'll be highly motivated. Otherwise he'll always have the WC 6 months before his contract ends to show off to his suitors. Not sure if we'll be able to sell him honestly. Of course there's always the threat of sitting in the stands before the WC, but I don't think it'll come to that.

Bobo32

Barcelona are unbeaten since his injury. 2 draws and 2 wins, all games with at least ,5 advantage in xG v xGA. That happened in only 2/7 of the games prior to Depays injury.
Barcelona are very much lacking quality up front right now, but I think Ferran Jutgla, Luuk de Jong, and Ilias Akhomach are all preferable to Memphis Depay. With Fati, (the real) Ferran, and maybe Morata or Cavani, we would probably see a massive improvement.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
We were playing with 10 men before Gavi was sent off, hahaha... This guy is terrible, even if coming from injury...

freetocan

Not sure what some people including Xavi see at this guy. I saw him touching the ball once and a back 2m pass. Is this the player what Barca should coun on? Needless to say once more, totally useless. Very rarely I lived to see a worse player than this guy. It is a nonsense having him either on the bench.
Xavi made a huge mistake taking out the only player who could score Luuk d J. And replace with this stupid player.!!!
Usually the overall performance of a team is the mirror's couch. We do not play anything. People has no idea what they suppose to do, no wingers at all, even with Dembele or Abde in. In my opinion, Dembele did not play anything today, Abde is nowhere, Business made one of his poorest game in last time...sorry but we do not get anywhere with the actual couch.

Home of Barca Fans