Memphis Depay

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we can lock up Messi's extension and Memphis is able to make runs off the ball like a striker should then he's going to get a lot of chances to score.

Zidane82

It would be interesting to see KunA up front with Depay on the left and Braithewaite on the right and Messi just behind KunA

Redbuck

It would be interesting to see KunA up front with Depay on the left and Braithewaite on the right and Messi just behind KunA

Nah, won't work. The lack of work rate among the front four would be depressing, and besides the 4-2-3-1 system isn't suitable for this current Barcelona team.

Messigician

Bbz fully erect hearing this

Memphis Depay: "I don't care if they call me rebellious. In fact, I see it as something positive on the pitch. Would Su?rez have scored so many goals and raised so many titles if he were the sweetest guy on the pitch? I don't know why 'rebel' has negative connotations." [sport]

xxxxxx

Depay trying to compare himself to Suarez.... lol. Depay, you're not even half the player Suarez was at his age. He scored all those goals and won that many titles because he was talented. Unfortunately, Depay hasn't shown enough to even make comments like that.

Depay will be decent and nick a goal or 2, but he's not going to be that great. The plus thing about the signing is, even if he plays like shit we can sell him next season and make some decent money from him.

JamDav1982

Depay trying to compare himself to Suarez.... lol. Depay, you're not even half the player Suarez was at his age. He scored all those goals and won that many titles because he was talented. Unfortunately, Depay hasn't shown enough to even make comments like that.

Depay will be decent and nick a goal or 2, but he's not going to be that great. The plus thing about the signing is, even if he plays like shit we can sell him next season and make some decent money from him.

Only a moron would have that take from the comment made by Depay.

In no way 'comparing' himself to ability of Suarez. You are trying too hard.

FinBarcelonafan

Obviously he is no prime Suarez and thats not what he is comparing.

xxxxxx

Only a moron would have that take from the comment made by Depay.

In no way 'comparing' himself to ability of Suarez. You are trying too hard.

I just think it's a dumb comment from Depay. Fair enough if he said, "oh, I may not be the nicest guy on the pitch, but I'll definitely put in the effort and fight to help the team." The fact that he used Suarez as a comparison is dumb as hell. Suarez didn't score all those goals and won those titles because he was the nicest guy, he scored those goals and won those titles because he was super talented.

malvolio

I just think it's a dumb comment from Depay. Fair enough if he said, "oh, I may not be the nicest guy on the pitch, but I'll definitely put in the effort and fight to help the team." The fact that he used Suarez as a comparison is dumb as hell. Suarez didn't score all those goals and won those titles because he was the nicest guy, he scored those goals and won those titles because he was super talented.

i may be the only one in here that understands what you are trying to say. :lol:

yeah, depay's comparison was a bit off because there is nothing similar between their style of play. suarez bullied defenders in his prime and was a dirty bastard when he thought it would help him. suarez also had more drive and aggression. depay just isn't that kind of player. maybe only sporadically.

i think a stupid journalist asked him about his bad boy persona outside the pitch(is he really a bad boy?) and depay thought that comparing himself to a barcelona legend would suit the conversation. what is more funny is that suarez is as vanilla as someone can be outside the pitch. no monster parties, no cheating on his wife, a family man through and through.

Horatio

You're welcome
Depay has never been the best at wording his thoughts. It becomes more obvious when you hear him in Dutch. Stumbles and sometimes has to look for the words. Also of the pitch is a saint compared to many players. Has never been involved in a scandal and not the party animal some people expect him to be. Comes across as an introvert to me who tries to be otherwise.

Anyway, think the only point he was trying to make that in the end results matter and not the image people have of you, using Suarez as an example.

fergus90

Doesn't strike me as rebellious really, just got that flashy dress sense and he's a rapper where being a 'bad boy' is part of that image.

Not like he's a career criminal or a drug peddler :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Incredible how his career turned out tbh. Flopped hard at United (he was absolutely terrible there), but became one of the best players in France and now he is at Barca. Would be a nice athlete success story if he made it here.

Home of Barca Fans