Memphis Depay

clemente

He is looking to be 20 goals/season player, don't understand the complains, free transfer, loves the club, just bunch of bitching from this forum

BusiTheKing

well that goal buys him a pass for now (even though I would have liked him to square it to Coutinho in the situation)

but yeah, he's not good enough long term.

Windhook

Moments before he scored I was thinking he's going to waste this chance. Luckily he played that opportunity by the playbook. That miss in the first half is still something I can't explain myself, though. First brilliant pass for the season by Frenkie and he wasted it like an amateur...

freetocan

There is no doubt that scoring for 2-1 was a huge goal. But is this alone goal a criteria to judge his contribution to the team. Beside the goal, he was and will be the worst player in Barca team. Maybe Luuk de Yong could compete with him for this trofey. Other than that a mediocre player. Because we got him for free, is this a justification to play almost all matches with such a poor overall display?
To me is far from enough and hopefully, what is most important, Xavi will realize that sooner than later.

Windhook

We have to move on with him. He is the only player on the squad left who resembles a striker, CF is not his natural position after all. That 2-1 goal will boost his confidence for sure.

Nazario1985

Xavi needs to works with what he has and show something, it's a never ending game if you tackle each problem with : we need a better player in this position.

Which I believe Xavi is not doing .. yet

Messi983

He's not our best player to play that position rn, he's our ONLY player.

Unless you want to play LDJ as a striker, lol. Well, maybe we should for a game or two so people complaining about Memphis will see he's not that bad. :lol:

Bobo32

Unless you want to play LDJ as a striker, lol. Well, maybe we should for a game or two so people complaining about Memphis will see he's not that bad. :lol:

LdJ still has a higher non penalty goal per minute than Depay (0,41 v 0,36), and I'd say he fucks up less attacks.
There are a lot of players who could play centrally though even with the injuries. Araujo would no doubt play better than Depay from there.

freetocan

LdJ still has a higher non penalty goal per minute than Depay (0,41 v 0,36), and I'd say he fucks up less attacks.
There are a lot of players who could play centrally though even with the injuries. Araujo would no doubt play better than Depay from there.

Hey Bobo32, what coincidence??? I wanted to suggest exactly same. Araujo will be times better than Depay in that position. He at least is stronger than Depay, even he does not look so musculous like Depay, better placement and for sure better head play. I would definitely try him instead.

FinBarcelonafan

Only Koeman was brave enough to play Luuk De Jong. Took some balls because no other coach played him. Haha

serghei

There's this bit of a problem with Araujo playing as a 9... in that he's a fucking CB.

Can only hope Depay will use this full week of no games to show up sharper vs Betis and Bayern.

Windhook

Unfortunately that moment will come as Memphis will be need of some rest, he's been playing all season.

Home of Barca Fans