Memphis Depay

JamDav1982

Again... he has been first choice for majority of time and Xavi not starting him at times as they want to sell him in part as one of few can sell and get money for.

Easily better than Gavi last season it is not even close and been best mid in time at club.

Folk claiming he has done nothing is clueless and then answer back with 'well he hasnt been world class'.

Or after 1/2 friendlies claiming Kessie showed more than FDJ ever has is utter nonsense.

Xavi prefers a midfield built on Busi and sees him as best lone DM in world. That is on Xavi and how he wants to play.

No one is making anyone a 'victim'. More nonsense.

Every single top European team would have Frenkie ahead of Busquets.. bar Barca.

As usual make a claim as if FDJ has 'done nothing' then deflect argument in as many different directions as possible when called on it.

You again make this lame argument of 'four Barca coaches'. Have told you that is a poor argument in past. As it doesnt even make sense and midfield was better with FDJ in CM and Busi at DM than other options and Busi is older and worse than ever now anyway.

You are acting like he has been shit and folk are saying 'he hasnt played in best position'... when no that is not the point.., he has done well just never been in a system that plays to his strengths if want to get best out of him.

By that 'four coaches' argument then all four have played him in CM so he must be doing that job and not as bad as likes of you make out? Or that argument only for Busquets?

Saying he has 'done nothing' is nonsense. He has been best mid in three years at club.

Last edited:

jamrock

Again... he has been first choice for majority of time and Xavi not starting him at times as they want to sell him in part as one of few can sell and get money for.

Easily better than Gavi last season it is not even close and been best mid in time at club.

Folk claiming he has done nothing is clueless and then answer back with 'well he hasnt been world class'.

Or after 1/2 friendlies claiming Kessie showed more than FDJ ever has is utter nonsense.

Xavi prefers a midfield built on Busi and sees him as best lone DM in world. That is on Xavi and how he wants to play.

No one is making anyone a 'victim'. More nonsense.

Every single top European team would have Frenkie ahead of Busquets.. bar Barca.

As usual make a claim as if FDJ has 'done nothing' then deflect argument in as many different directions as possible when called on it.

Yea all that talk, & he still can't bench old man river walk & has to rotate minutes with a 18 year old.

Ofc every club would take Frankie over busquets, that's a very hot take, great insight.

But none Bar man utd, NONE,zero,zlitch, nada would take him over what they have now, which shows he ain't seen as elite, the way all his supports seem to believe.

He needs to put up or shut up, period.

No execuses.

JamDav1982

Yea all that talk, & he still can't bench old man river walk & has to rotate minutes with a 18 year old.

Ofc every club would take Frankie over busquets, that's a very hot take, great insight.

But none Bar man utd, NONE,zero,zlitch, nada would take him over what they have now, which shows he ain't seen as elite, the way all his supports seem to believe.

He needs to put up or shut up, period.

No execuses.

Xavi prefers Busquets as a sole DM. That is Xavs choice.

Doesnt mean Xavi is correct about best way to set up midfield from players available.

Xavi also paid 60m for Torres.. you cant pick and choose when to use coaches choice as defintive factor.

You have no idea what clubs have come in for FDJ either... if he signs for Chelsea say does that make you wrong? I know answer to that.

Frenkie has done well in time at club and been much better than likes of Busquets even not in best position.

Every top club would build midfield on FDJ with these options. Busquets would get nowhere near a top side.

Last edited:

jamrock

Xavi prefers Busquets as a sole DM. That is Xavs choice.

Doesnt mean Xavi is correct about best way to set up midfield from players available.

Xavi also paid 60m for Torres.. you cant pick and choose when to use coaches choice as defintive factor.

You have no idea what clubs have come in for FDJ either... if he signs for Chelsea say does that make you wrong? I know answer to that.

Frenkie has done well in time at club and been much better than likes of Busquets even not in best position.

Every top club would build midfield on FDJ with these options. Busquets would get nowhere near a top side.

If he goes to Chelsea it would not make me wrong because they are desperate for signings now, they pain almost $80m for freaking cucurella l.

Busquets would get no where near a top side, we agree on that, but neither would Frankie, who is in for him? No one bar man utd.

Let the club put up Pedri, gavi or even fati with his injury record, I guarantee clubs would be in for them even if they had players in those positions already.

Clubs around Europe with their silence have shown how they view him, all those Ajax players have all been huge disappointments since leaving.

They should all go to Germany, I'm sure they would do well their.

I like the young man. He has WC potential, I'm just tired of hearing about potential at 25, needs to show it.

JamDav1982

If he goes to Chelsea it would not make me wrong because they are desperate for signings now, they pain almost $80m for freaking cucurella l.

Busquets would get no where near a top side, we agree on that, but neither would Frankie, who is in for him? No one bar man utd.

Let the club put up Pedri, gavi or even fati with his injury record, I guarantee clubs would be in for them even if they had players in those positions already.

Clubs around Europe with their silence have shown how they view him, all those Ajax players have all been huge disappointments since leaving.

They should all go to Germany, I'm sure they would do well their.

I like the young man. He has WC potential, I'm just tired of hearing about potential at 25, needs to show it.

Chelsea are not desperate for anything and of course it wont make you wrong and there is some other reason.. hence why I already knew the answer.

Clubs all silent but if they come in then there is a 'reason'.

Is Kalvin Phillips better than FDJ because City signed him? Not for me and I doubt Pep believes that either.

He has done well at Barca and not been nearly as bad as made out.

If want to try and get very best out of him then build midfield in DM area for him ahead of Busquets as any top coach would.

FDJ has not been 'hugely dissapointing' he has been Barcas best mid in time when club has been in turmoil really and never played in best position.

Likes of MDL has not been hugely disappointing either. He is one of best CBs in world and Juve fans loved him.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Noone wants to pay for players they know we want to boot. Bidding their time to see if we become even more desperate and offer to pay their wages too like we have before.

Painful to watch how it slowly unfolds.

Co0ter

Again, if you are so clearly better than someone at something, you make it impossible for you not to be the first choice, it will shine through.

Frankie de jong at 25 years old, is not discussed as being one of the best midfielders in the world, because he's not, he is still talked about as having WC potential.

If he can't make it so not even a "bias" coached, which there has been 4 since he's been at Barcelona, see that he should bench busquets.

That's on Frankie, a excellent game here & there doesn't change that.

I'm tired of hearing execuses as to why a 25 year who we paid good money for, isn't starting in is best position & why we don't play to his strengths.

If we went to any other top team in Europe they.

1) Wouldn't play him as DM
2) wouldn't build their Midfield around him.

That's on him as much as if not more than xavi, the blame can't be 100% xavi, this pre season xavi has shown he's willing to bench pique and I'm sure if we got a better LB he'd bench alba as well, same goes for busquets.

Frankie should man up & make the job off him, don't expect it to be given, this painting de jong as victim as it relates to on the field matters is crap.

The point he is making is that it is kind of hard for De Jong to be considered a top CM when he is playing in a flawed system that is built around Busquets (I laughed out loud typing that because it's so fucking ridiculous). Not to mention last season he was not only babysitting Busquets, but putting in an extra shift covering for Messi because all he did was walk around all game.

The point is, DESPITE playing in a shit system that is neither built around him or give him a role he thrives in, he was STILL our most influential and solid CM.

Busquets is trash, but the fault lies with Xavi when he has a handful of great, young players and he doesnt use a system to get the most out of any of them.

Last edited:

jamrock

The point he is making is that it is kind of hard for De Jong to be considered a top CM when he is playing in a flawed system that is built around Busquets (I laughed out loud typing that because it's so fucking ridiculous). Not to mention last season he was not only babysitting Busquets, but putting in an extra shift covering for Messi because all he did was walk around all game.

The point is, DESPITE playing in a shit system that is neither built around him or give him a role he thrives in, he was STILL our most influential and solid CM.

Busquets is trash, but the fault lies with Xavi when he has a handful of great, young players and he doesnt use a system to get the most out of any of them.

And my point is, If he was as special as so many seems to believe, the coach would have built the midfield around him and accomodate him in anyway possible, many coached have come & gone at Barcelona done have so and all we keep hearing are execuses as to why, WC players don't need execuses they perform point blank period.

But all his fans, seems to believe a coach will see a player than is significantly better than anyone else in the team and deliberately limit Is growth because he has personal affection for another player and no one makes it to the top of anything in life, like xavi has with that kind of mentality.

If Frankie wants the midfield built around him, make it so abundantly obvious that fans even at the stadium would be shocked if he doesn't play.

But too many are simply saying busquets is old and that's all it should take.

At 25 he should be the first name on the team midfield & the 2nd on the team sheet overall after lewa, and he ain't that, a good 5/6 players are ahead of him, if not more.

People will say oh it's xavi, it's koeman, it's setien, it's valverde, it's busquets, it's Messi.

That's a fuck ton of exercuses for a WC player, if he wants its, go get it, Period.

He has the talent for it, turn that talent into performances.

Co0ter

We've both explained it very clearly yet you keep using the same excuse. It's not up for discussion anymore. Xavi caters to Busquets. It doesnt work against top opposition. It barely even works against La Liga teams. It didnt work last season. It's not working this season. A team built around Busquets is trash. Xavi is wrong. Just deal with it.

iniestaGOAT

We've both explained it very clearly yet you keep using the same excuse. It's not up for discussion anymore. Xavi caters to Busquets. It doesnt work against top opposition. It barely even works against La Liga teams. It didnt work last season. It's not working this season. A team built around Busquets is trash. Xavi is wrong. Just deal with it.

You people said the same thing about xavi catering to ferran Torres he isn't even going to start this season

Quit posting rubbish, if xavi finds someone better he will start him he's not an idiot his job is on the line

vegitot

3 years and still the very same topic.

Even someone ruthless like Koeman prefered Busi over Frenkie for that DM spot.

Xavi is under very huge pressure now so i think he will try to get the best result. You see he gets rid of players he doesn't want, let young players go on loan, try cross tactic.

jamrock

Nothing for me to deal with really, I don't care it who starts

It's more the Frankie backers who need to deal with the fact that he can't bench busquets, it's driving y'all crazy.

I've long accept it, he isn't showing enough to bench a slow turtle, and it's embarrassing.

You ever seen succession, where they all expected the dad to step aside & he was like nah fuck that & that one son had to get ruthless to get him out.

That's how it is, no free lunches for Frankie, put up or shut up, a million execuses doesn't change the facts.

jamrock

Xavi has shown that each time he gets a better player, he starts the best man for the job.

Adama started well, then fell off, he Benched him for dembele who was on the bench at first.

Aubameyang was doing well for us, nope lewa is better.

Raphinha starts over fati

Pique is now a bench warmer.

But noooo, xavi has a hard on for busquets & hates the dutch man, that's why he can't bench a 34 year old that can no longer run.
It's embarrassing really.

Home of Barca Fans