Tito Vilanova dies at age 45

F

Flavia

Sadly, Tito passed away. He battled cancer for more than 2 years. DEP Tito. You will be missed.

14.v1374318781.JPG

Tito, eternally remembered

www.fcbarcelona.cat
04/25/2014 18:14

FC Barcelona is in mourning following the tragic news that Tito Vilanova passed away today in Barcelona. He was 45

Over the next few hours, FC Barcelona will be opening a space for condolence in the main grandstand at the Camp Nou

It is with immense sorrow that FC Barcelona announces that Francesc ‘Tito’ Vilanova i Bayo (Bellcaire d’Empordà, 17/09/1965-Barcelona, 25/04/2014) departed this world today at the age of 45. He passed away this afternoon after losing his battle against an illness that had affected him since 2011.

The Club wishes to express its most heartfelt sympathy to his family, who are being joined in these moments of mourning by FC Barcelona members and fans all around the world, as well as the rest of the footballing and sporting world.

The Vilanova family has asked for respect for their desire for the strictest intimacy in the moments after his death.

Over the next few hours, FC Barcelona will be opening a space in the main grandstand at the Camp Nou for people to express their condolences, which will be open to anyone who wishes to express their sympathy and love for the late Tito Vilanova.

The Club will shortly be announcing when this space is open, as well as details of the religious ceremony that will be held in the coming days.

To all members, club members and football fans who want to send their condolences and expressions of support to FC Barcelona and the family of Tito Vilanova, the Club has opened a mailbox address to receive these messages, you can send TitoEtern@fcbarcelona.cat

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
45...Hard to imagine one's life ending that early and a little more than a couple of years ago he had so much to look forward to...Cancer is a killer, I hope we make some progress sooner than later on that front - far too many people are killed by it in a very excruciating manner

gif.gif

ceefoo

Very sad day. :cry:

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this very difficult time.

Tito Vilanova - Always in our hearts! :love:

Culeinho

Shocking news.. Terribly sad. Such a young man.... I cant believe that. I know he had cancer but I hadnt expected it to act so fast and had hoped he may recover eventually.. very sad. RIP Tito and thanks for everything. Legend.

Devils

Devastating.

This is so sad it's hard to hold back emotion. He gave everything for us.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

H

Haruko The Goon

shit! Don't know much about him but 45 years young? such a shame. I hope he died calmly and in peace.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
This is almost surreal. Just a year ago he was coaching the club and now he has passed away. That's how fragile life is.

Such a sad end to his struggles. He deserved to beat his disease. So sad.

Home of Barca Fans