How to become a member

Prodi

Bad news. They have screw it up. Until the next Assembly in September/October it will not be able to vote on the change in the statutes to allow becpming member electronically without the need to do so in person at the club offices

FC Barcelona error in the Assembly's agenda

This Friday, June 5, FC Barcelona officially convened for June 20 (Sunday) the celebration of the Ordinary General Assembly of Committing Members of the club. An assembly of the utmost importance for the present and immediate future of the entity due to the great depth of the decisions that must be taken, more specifically in economic matters. Let us remember that the assembly of the 2019-2020 season could not be held due to the pandemic.
The agenda of the first assembly of Joan Laporta as president of FC Barcelona consists of eleven points. Number 7, "Report and approval of the proposed reform of the Bylaws", violates precisely what the club's Bible says: the bylaws.
Indeed, in Chapter 8 corresponding to the ?Modification of the Bylaws?, it is stated in Article 81 (Procedure for modifying the Bylaws) that ?this proposal must be submitted to the process of public information to the partners for a minimum term twenty days ?.
The official announcement of the 2021 assembly by FC Barcelona in written media was made, as we have explained, last Friday, June 5 and the assembly will be on Sunday, June 20, so only fifteen days will have passed, violating the club's own statutes.
This is not a minor issue since, if it goes ahead and is approved, this reform would be illegal and, clearly, open to challenge. Had the date of July 4 been kept for the assembly, FC Barcelona would not have encountered this problem.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/ba...arca-asamblea-socios-estatutos-barca-11798758

The Super League, reason for the advancement of the Assembly to June 20

FC Barcelona announced late this Friday night that the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly corresponding to the 2020-21 season will take place on Sunday, June 20 at the Camp Nou, the date initially scheduled, and not on July 4, as announced after the board of directors meeting held on Thursday. Finally, the official call with an announcement in the media has not taken place until today, within a period of 15 calendar days, but, as Mundo Deportivo has learned, the reason for the advancement of the Assembly responds to the desire to comply with what signed in the founding document of the European Super League.
The Laporta board signed the agreement on Saturday April 17 just before the final of the Copa del Rey in which it added a point in which it submitted the green light of Bar?a to the project for the approval of its partners in the sovereign body of the Assembly giving a definitive answer by June 30 at the latest. In this way, to heal in health and comply with what was signed regarding the Super League, the Assembly will not take place on July 4, the date on which the club would have had more results of the audit and could have answered more questions than on June 20 with a legal margin of 60 days to adapt calendars after the State of Alarm fell on May 9.
For the end of the 2020-21 financial year, it did not influence that the OK to the refinancing operations for an amount of up to 525 million euros (item 4 on the agenda) had arrived after June 30. It is yet to decide who will intervene to present the financial issues but everything indicates that it will be Eduard Romeu, economic vice president. Ferran Reverter will not be CEO of Bar?a for all purposes until July 1, once his relationship with Media Markt has expired.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...l-adelanto-de-la-asamblea-al-20-de-junio.html
https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...blea-no-se-votara-la-reforma-estatutaria.html

Last edited:

kattanib

You don?t need to donate, you can simply sign up for the Culer Membership or subscribe to Barca TV+ etc. and keep buying Barca merchandises etc.

There are plenty of ways for Barca fans to support the club financially.

Never thought about it this way 👍

Andresito

Staff member
There's an offer for Culers membership at the moment. If you pay some extra beyond the membership you get either a Culers t-shirt (35 euros) or a 20/21 home kit (95 euros). Home kit is currently on a discount so probably not worth to buy it with the Culers package though.
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club/culers

Richard.H

There's an offer for Culers membership at the moment. If you pay some extra beyond the membership you get either a Culers t-shirt (35 euros) or a 20/21 home kit (95 euros). Home kit is currently on a discount so probably not worth to buy it with the Culers package though.
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club/culers

That must be a Euro thing, because i am in the US and the culers memberhsip (the 49 euro per year membership) has the jersey X'ed out in red. I don't even see an option to pay more than that 49 euro

Andresito

Staff member
That must be a Euro thing, because i am in the US and the culers memberhsip (the 49 euro per year membership) has the jersey X'ed out in red. I don't even see an option to pay more than that 49 euro

Yeah it says "Products only available in mainland Spain, the Balearic Islands and countries of the European Union."

Shipping is too expensive :boss:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Have they opened up membership completely now? Without having to go to the OAB office in person in Barcelona?

Not 100% sure but from the looks of it, it does appear that you only have to register online and once your application is approved, you become a soci instantly, you don't have to wait three years and renew the commitment card every year like we did in the past etc. That was what Laporta promised during his campaign and it was what he actually brought forward last year and was approved at the General Assembly.

I encourage more Cules to give it a try to find out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not 100% sure but from the looks of it, it does appear that you only have to register online and once your application is approved, you become a soci instantly, you don't have to wait three years and renew the commitment card every year like we did in the past etc. That was what Laporta promised during his campaign and it was what he actually brought forward last year and was approved at the General Assembly.

If I am not wrong you were skeptical about this? Still skeptical or had second thoughts about this process?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If I am not wrong you were skeptical about this? Still skeptical or had second thoughts about this process?

I am still somewhat eerie about the potential consequence of it (hostile takeover and negative impact on the club etc.) but I guess for now we just don't know, there might not even be that many people who will choose to become socis. Right now I am think if more people can join at least it might give the club a small financial boost and I will take that as a big positive.

DonAK

I am still somewhat eerie about the potential consequence of it (hostile takeover and negative impact on the club etc.) but I guess for now we just don't know, there might not even be that many people who will choose to become socis. Right now I am think if more people can join at least it might give the club a small financial boost and I will take that as a big positive.

Yeah although I doubt we'll see a hostile takeover. Although maybe introduce something like if you've become a member online you cannot vote until the second election during your time a soci, or not allow people becoming members to vote online if that's ever introduced. That they have to vote in person.

Andresito

Staff member
Tempting. I'll wait a bit though. Curious if we have any forumers who've tried the online registration.

DonAK

Tempting. I'll wait a bit though. Curious if we have any forumers who've tried the online registration.

Considering getting my finacee to get it lol. Even though she doesn't follow football that much and kinda supports another team so not much use for her.

Iniesta Ultra

Is there a page that lists the benefits of becoming a member?

Home of Barca Fans