How to become a member

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am on the Barca website, the only membership I can get is the "Culer Premium Membership" which just seems to give you Barca TV+, discounts on merchandise, and some card that's mailed to you. Where's the link to the actual membership?

On a sidenote, is that Culer premium membership worth it? Do they give discounts on jerseys and whatnot? if so I might get it until i wait for the actual one

I'd say it is worth it. I don't think the Culer Premium Membership gets you automatic discount on jerseys and merchandise like a soci membership does, but it goes offer you discounts on certain items and pre-sales that are not open to the general public. It does have discount on tickets etc.

I'd say for those who don't want to become a soci yet (or who don't want to spend that much money to become one) but want to feel affiliated with the club and especially to get access to Barca TV+ which I can't say enough good things about, I'd say definitely get the Culer Premium Membership.

JamDav1982

Not sure the socios will vote for this.

Would imagine they will want to keep control of club more local as much as possible.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As we previously discussed, I certainly hope there will be some sort of mechanism making sure the club doesn't fall into the wrong hands once the membership opens up. Like verifying only individual persons can become socis, not groups or fictitious entities.

soul24rage

As we previously discussed, I certainly hope there will be some sort of mechanism making sure the club doesn't fall into the wrong hands once the membership opens up. Like verifying only individual persons can become socis, not groups or fictitious entities.

Yeah, imagine the trolls in this forum become socis

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Same reasons and concerns you and JamDav1982 mentioned.

Yeah I have some serious concerns that I hope will be addressed. I think if Laporta is this popular with the socis and since opening up memberships was one of his campaign promises under his social program, they probably will back him.

Richard.H

Same reasons and concerns you and JamDav1982 mentioned.

It's not like the locals have a lot to donate. Isn't the main point of this proposal to increase the cash injection to the club? Why else would Laporta propose this?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not like the locals have a lot to donate. Isn't the main point of this proposal to increase the cash injection to the club? Why else would Laporta propose this?

Most of the people going to the assembly are people from the older generation and you'd be surprised at how some of them view foreign fans.

It's not great.

Will be surprised if it's approved, but don't know if it just need a simple majority which is possible or a 2/3rd majority which for me would be very surprising.

Home of Barca Fans