Cesar Azpilicueta

Androutsos

Going to be a good signing. Much more capable physically than Dani and has far more of a clue than Dest. Shame he is so old, but buys us time to find a good enough full time RB because Dest is not it.

Far less happy about Alonso, but I guess the thought process behind it is the same. Same issue with a Grimaldo, Taglifico etc is that they are all not good enough to push Jordi, just to give him rest every now and then.

fergus90

I think he'll be a solid signing. Still, a reliable player and he's a leader. Compared to Dani Alves, he's fresh out the womb :lol:

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
The age he is now is what Alves was when he left Barca and went on to play 3 years in Europe. I think it's fair to offer a 2+1 contract to Azpi.

Slevinn

I would really like this transfer if he was free or for a symbolic fee because he is still a lot better than what we have.
Obviously don?t pay that amount for him. Better take a gamble with a young lad then.
How?s that Max Aarons doing? He looked like such a huge talent.

gregorrin10

Azpi and Roberto will be our RBs this season. Dest is set to be sold most likely..

Dest is staying, was already confirmed. Xavi wants him and Azpi for the RB spot, Roberto will only serve as midfield backup. Xavi isn't Valverde or Koeman and playing Roberto out of position.

Sooke

Most likely we won't be able to sign Azpilicueta. Chelsea's sporting and executive directors were in Barcelona to discuss with Laporta and Alemany possible transfer of three players. Azpilicueta and Alonzo to Barcelona, F de Jong to Chelsea. That opportunity has died completely. Barcelona owes to Frankie about 30 million euro and no club will enter negotiation until Laporta pays him that amount. Manch. Utd. are offering 85 mil for him, but they are not willing to pay that extra 30 mil. So, technically Frankie will stay, same as Umtiti, S.Roberto, R.Puig, Pjanic, Depay and Braithwaite. In order for Barcelona to be a main player at this summer's market, we have to sell all of these players. So far, we have generated 20 mil. from Coutinho and 10 mil. from Minaj. NOT ENOUGH senior Laporta.

Home of Barca Fans