Ursegor

World Champion
BkvTyNnCUAAYwIW.jpg

Full name: César Azpilicueta Tanco
Date of birth: 28 August 1989 (age 24)
Place of birth: Pamplona, Spain
Height: 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
Playing position: fullback (LB, RB)

Couldn't find a thread about him. Watched him the entire season. Easily the best defensive fullback in the world right now who astonishingly plays RB and LB equally well. He will start as a rightback (which is his prefered position) for Spain in this year's World Cup and people will jump on his bandwaggon. So let me be the first to do so. Unlike all those failed wingers out there currently in world football like Alba, Alaba, Marcelo, Carvajal, Zuniga etc. calling themselves "fullback", this guy actually knows how to defend first and foremost. Beast. :worthy:

:mou:: "A team with 11 Azpilicuetas could win the Champions League."

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
yess, we like fullbacks who can defend, that's how it should be. Anything extra should be a bonus.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's actually quite good at attacking, his crossing is pretty good most of the time. He's really a top player, the only thing that could make him better is if he could use his left better to contribute to attacks without having to switch to his right when he plays on the left. I love this guy, he's managed to convince 2 Chelsea managers to play him after starting off out of favour with both.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Mourinho won't sell him, he's one of his favoured players. I hope we sign him up on a 5 year contract.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So I always wondered where the nickname Dave came from... Makes sense now, it's from an old sitcom.
-----
Due to his complicated surname, Azpilicueta was christened ‘Dave’ – after Trigger’s confusion over Rodney’s name in legendary sitcom Only Fools and Horses.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
So I always wondered where the nickname Dave came from... Makes sense now, it's from an old sitcom.
-----
Due to his complicated surname, Azpilicueta was christened ‘Dave’ – after Trigger’s confusion over Rodney’s name in legendary sitcom Only Fools and Horses.

Died not long ago aswell :(

My favourite character, he made me laugh even without saying anything.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Chelsea player's player of the year. Well deserved, Dave! Was a toss up between him and Cahill for me.

Home of Barca Fans