Club members vote yes on New Espai Barça proposal

SeloBarca

You can keep your club legends without ruinning your squad. Problem is what the fans want and what the board wants are 2 different things.
Board= CL quarters/semis every year, league every other year, a cup trophy = good year
Fans= As much as possible (which is normal for a fan to want).

Our squad, even without any change, is good enough to be somewhat competitive for the next 2 seasons at least - this is good enough for them.

You think players wants to play in a club that are satisfied with quarter finals? So we will waste 2 years of iniestas career, who is already close to his 30s. Messi isnt getting any younger either.

Last edited:

Co0ter

That's the mentality that Arsenal board has, and look at them now. You just can't waste players like Messi and Iniesta. They won't be around forever.

Exactly. You reinforce the squad with a new GK (required regardless), world-class CB (Bartra a part of 4 CB), a defensive LB and even one midfielder...we are realistically dominating European football again. Four players is more than I'd want to bring here in one year...but we should of taken care of some of that last summer or even the summer before (defensive leftback and CB).

Theconomist

Seems you didn't read my entire post. My main point was that we shouldn't bring in too many players at once, for the reason I stated. Regardless of how much we spend or can afford to spend. And no, we can't afford to compete with PSG-types and their bottomless pits of money.

I did, we can and we do.

XaviMessiGirl

I did, we can and we do.

So you think if we splashed a ton of cash at once and bought practically a whole new squad, they'd magically all fit in with the Barca philosophy and we'd be back to winning everything again? Right. And I still don't get why you think we have a bottomless pit of money to begin with. I mean, obviously we're a "rich" club compared to most others, but it's still not the same. It's disgusting how many players Chelsea have that they don't need just because they can spend, we would never be that kind of club.

Theconomist

Exactly. You reinforce the squad with a new GK (required regardless), world-class CB (Bartra a part of 4 CB), a defensive LB and even one midfielder...we are realistically dominating European football again. Four players is more than I'd want to bring here in one year...but we should of taken care of some of that last summer or even the summer before (defensive leftback and CB).

So you think if we splashed a ton of cash at once and bought practically a whole new squad, they'd magically all fit in with the Barca philosophy and we'd be back to winning everything again? Right. And I still don't get why you think we have a bottomless pit of money to begin with. I mean, obviously we're a "rich" club compared to most others, but it's still not the same. It's disgusting how many players Chelsea have that they don't need just because they can spend, we would never be that kind of club.

Keirisson,Hleb and Henrique say hi. Just on top of my head. 43 million right there minus wages.

Just stop, I like the club because they play good football, the players they have/have had are great and I've been watching them for a long time.
Isn't that enough? Why do our fans feel entitled to some imaginary moral high ground?
Not only are we just like the other teams, we're actually worst because we are hypocrites.

Lomar1o

Keirisson,Hleb and Henrique say hi. Just on top of my head. 43 million right there minus wages.

Just stop, I like the club because they play good football, the players they have/have had are great and I've been watching them for a long time.
Isn't that enough? Why do our fans feel entitled to some imaginary moral high ground?
Not only are we just like the other teams, we're actually worst because we are hypocrites.
i kinda agree. all i know is that when other teams splash the cash they do it so to buy many players, anyways they buy smart. we? we buy poorly. the only good recent transfer was alba. neymar still has to prove himself. almost everyone wants sanchez and fabregas out. and alex song? really? heh.. unfortunately barca is the worst when it comes to transfers.

Theconomist

i kinda agree. all i know is that when other teams splash the cash they do it so to buy many players, anyways they buy smart. we? we buy poorly. the only good recent transfer was alba. neymar still has to prove himself. almost everyone wants sanchez and fabregas out. and alex song? really? heh.. unfortunately barca is the worst when it comes to transfers.

Absolutely.

I was just listing players we bought that either never played a game for us (Keirisson, Henrique) or well, Hleb lol. We were still paying his ages what? 4 years after he last played for us?
If I was to list all the bad transfers then you'd make our transfer executives look like 12 year olds who found a cheat on FM.

Galning

And for every David Silva there's a Roque Santa Cruz, for every Yaya Touré there's a Robinho. As if other clubs don't make bad signings let alone the plastic clubs like City & Chelski.

Theconomist

And for every David Silva there's a Roque Santa Cruz, for every Yaya Touré there's a Robinho. As if other clubs don't make bad signings let alone the plastic clubs like City & Chelski.

That's not what I said. I said we're just as prone to making bad signing as other clubs.
Again, there's NO difference between ''plastic'' clubs whatever that means and us. Find me 1 substantial difference (besides that we get most of our money from ads while they get most of their money from 2 guys).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans