User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Club members vote yes on New Espai Barça proposal

  1. #31
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,551
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theconomist View Post
    Again, there's NO difference between ''plastic'' clubs whatever that means and us. Find me 1 substantial difference (besides that we get most of our money from ads while they get most of their money from 2 guys).
    So basically give an argument besides the one argument that shows the difference? Clubs like Barcelona have worked 115 years to be where they are now. In those clubs a dirty rich man just walked in, splashed some of his cash, and that's it.
    We may not be better than them but we sure as hell are different and if you don't see that then that's your problem.

  2. #32
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,321
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    So basically give an argument besides the one argument that shows the difference? Clubs like Barcelona have worked 115 years to be where they are now. In those clubs a dirty rich man just walked in, splashed some of his cash, and that's it.
    We may not be better than them but we sure as hell are different and if you don't see that then that's your problem.
    That's the point. We got a head start by starting as you said 115 years earlier than them. That no one can deny. What were the guys who bought Chelsea, City ... supposed to do? wait 115 years for success? No. they took a shortcut to level the playing field, now they spend as much as everyone else, sometimes more, sometimes less.
    Hell, people say the same about Madrid. and Madrid aren't bankrolled by oil money.
    We are different because we have 115 years of history? sure. as I said no one will disagree HOWEVER, what I was denouncing is this myth of them those rich oil clubs vs poor little us with our la masia home grown players.

    All I said was, we do buy, we do buy for HUGE ammounts, we do buy A LOT and we have the same exact deals that everyone else is making.
    And as I said, the mes que un club mentality is holding us back. The ammount of negative feedback about getting the Qatar airway sponsorship is insane, even tho w/o these deals we wouldn't have gotten Neymar.
    Or people who now think Camp Nou will be renamed to Qatar, that's fucking ridiculous. If anything it'll be Qatar Airways. If you guys don't want Qatar specifically then sure, let's go with anyone else that's not the point. Point is, since we ARE like all other clubs , let's stop pretending we're not.

    If you want to follow a team that really sticks to it's principles then you should follow Bilbao.

    But this is a lost cause, I can't remember with who I've had a discussion the other day about this, basically football is a narrative, without the story it would be too boring. That's why we need Evil Madrid vs Good barcelona. That's why we need Messi vs Ronaldo. Argentine vs Brazil. Mario Balotelli's shenanigans etc, to forget that at the end of the day we're watching a bunch of millionaires shooting balls in a net. The narrative you guys try to create for Barcelona is cute. Just realise that the oil teams create the same narratives for themselves: PSG,Chelsea,City Monaco... were rescued by benefactors to take them to their past glory.
    Hell madrid fans think they're fighting an uphill battle against a team that steals kids from their parents.

    Anyway, to each his own. Mes que un club

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    XaviMessiGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theconomist View Post
    Keirisson,Hleb and Henrique say hi. Just on top of my head. 43 million right there minus wages.

    Just stop, I like the club because they play good football, the players they have/have had are great and I've been watching them for a long time.
    Isn't that enough? Why do our fans feel entitled to some imaginary moral high ground?
    Not only are we just like the other teams, we're actually worst because we are hypocrites.
    Yeah, so why don't we spend 200m every summer then, because clearly according to you we have that kind of money just lying around. I guess Thiago Silva and Marquinhos joined PSG for their rich history, because we totally could have had them beat on the money front.

    You keep acting like I'm saying we don't spend, which I'm not saying at all.

    And that's not even my main point, which you're choosing to ignore over and over. My point is that it's not a good idea to buy 7-8 players at once, regardless if we can afford to or not. PSG/Chelsea/City/Monaco could, because they didn't have a real identity or style of play beforehand. But we're different, we build players around a system, not build a system around players. And introducing too many new players at once risks messing up the system.

    Believe me, I don't like when the club or its fans exhibit tones of arrogance and I've criticized them in the past for it, but this is just stating a fact.

  4. #34
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    7+ players?!!! Hold your horses now, we barely got 2 players the past 2 seasons and you want 7 players at once!

    May I remind you that this guy still in charge so with or without the renovation we will get 2 players or 3 max on the optimistic side!
    That is exactly what I'm sayin. The transfer policy of the board was a complete disaster in the past few seasons imo with very few exceptions so we need a huge intake of fresh blood and fast !
    5-7 players isn't that much if you consider how shit the board managed Barca's transfers for years now though I admit it is much to do that many signings at once but imo we have no other real option if we want to remain at a high level in Spain and Europe alike.
    They were afraid for way too long now not to change shit of the team that was so great for quite some time and it is really the time to change that big fashion because if we don't I see Barca plummeting.

    Quote Originally Posted by XaviMessiGirl View Post
    And regardless, we're not a club that just goes out and buys practically a whole new team at once. We're not City or PSG, and money aside we shouldn't try to be. The more new players we introduce at once, the more likely we'll see players not being able to fit in with our philosophy. The most important is a GK, a CB and a CM. I know we are in need of more players than that, but what can we do when the board just sat on their asses in previous transfer windows.
    I totally agree and I'm desperate to see they sit an look at the team decaying and do absolutely shit... It hurts too much especially when every big team reinforces themselves constantly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    And for every David Silva there's a Roque Santa Cruz, for every Yaya Touré there's a Robinho. As if other clubs don't make bad signings let alone the plastic clubs like City & Chelski.
    Imo R€al Madrid is also a plastic club for almost a decade and a half now ( I'm not speaking of their "history" right now) and I thought you'd name it too
    Last edited by FC B; 8th April 2014 at 08:52 PM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,321
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XaviMessiGirl View Post
    Yeah, so why don't we spend 200m every summer then, because clearly according to you we have that kind of money just lying around. I guess Thiago Silva and Marquinhos joined PSG for their rich history, because we totally could have had them beat on the money front.

    You keep acting like I'm saying we don't spend, which I'm not saying at all.

    And that's not even my main point, which you're choosing to ignore over and over. My point is that it's not a good idea to buy 7-8 players at once, regardless if we can afford to or not. PSG/Chelsea/City/Monaco could, because they didn't have a real identity or style of play beforehand. But we're different, we build players around a system, not build a system around players. And introducing too many new players at once risks messing up the system.

    Believe me, I don't like when the club or its fans exhibit tones of arrogance and I've criticized them in the past for it, but this is just stating a fact.
    I did answer you, we do not need to buy a new team at each transfer window. Real madrid reshuffled twice since the 09/10 season and spend 520 millions, we didn't reshuffle once and we spent 348 millions. (transfermarket.co.uk just added the complimentary 40 mill to Neymar's father - the tax we paid since that wasn't really ''wanted'').

    Imagine if we spent that money to get the players we most needed, how good would that have been?

    I think we both agree that our main problem isn't spending per se, it's spending the right way. We can get any player we want and we can outbid everyone when our board really wants it. i.e: Neymar. We outbid pretty much everyone.
    AND this is where the MES QUE UN CLUB part could be in our favor, we can use that (and we do) to entice players to come to us instead of other teams as long as economically everything is more or less similar.
    Sure we do have a wage structure but then again the Neymar deal shows you that we can get what we want.

    Imagine if instead of Neymar we would have spent the money on 2 CBs or 1cb and a defensive lb.
    sure we'd still have the same issue with messi-dependance on attack (which neymar hasn't solved yet) but we wouldn't lose cup games. We would take them to penalties every single time even if we can't score.

    But, defenders don't sell shirts as well as strikers so Ibra,Villa,Sanchez,Neymar.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Lomar1o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Georgia, Tbilisi
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah i think buying more than four players will be a bit too much. unless we buy more than four and no one's gonna play actually. the team is balanced right now, i thought it wouldn't be, considering how many years we've wasted, but actually rebuilding current barcelona wouldn't benefit us. we should slowly inject new blood in the team, starting with a fullback, a gk and prolly a midfielder. then, in a year or a bit more we should get another midfielder and a right-back. and continue at this pace, slowly but surely. buying 7 players is no good man. barca is not ruined, i was thinking the same thing last year but no, this year barca is playing well under tata, we don't need HUGE changes, only minor changes but the improvement will be huge. that's my humble opinion.

  7. #37
    The Culest
    Cule4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,693
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomar1o View Post
    nah i think buying more than four players will be a bit too much. unless we buy more than four and no one's gonna play actually. the team is balanced right now, i thought it wouldn't be, considering how many years we've wasted, but actually rebuilding current barcelona wouldn't benefit us. we should slowly inject new blood in the team, starting with a fullback, a gk and prolly a midfielder. then, in a year or a bit more we should get another midfielder and a right-back. and continue at this pace, slowly but surely. buying 7 players is no good man. barca is not ruined, i was thinking the same thing last year but no, this year barca is playing well under tata, we don't need HUGE changes, only minor changes but the improvement will be huge. that's my humble opinion.


    We have no defence, a midfield whose running out of legs and a one dimensional attack. If there's one thing Barca is not it's balanced
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    You are good in cherrypicking and twisting stats. I am proud, you are learning from the best (me), lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What, the Man City Gabriel Jesus? One of the top10 strikers in the world today?

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Lomar1o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Georgia, Tbilisi
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cule4life View Post


    We have no defence, a midfield whose running out of legs and a one dimensional attack. If there's one thing Barca is not it's balanced
    i doubt i'd be able to bring up strong arguments against your opinion, but clearly for me at least barca is better than last season. busquets and iniesta have been great overall, our defence has been leaky for years, and buying seven players won't change it. buying one and a decent one at that might change it tho'. our midfield is good enough. only xavi is weaker and well cesc is cesc, i never liked him, never will, yet somehow he has good stats, so even in that aspect our midfield is good. buying a cb, a midfielder and a gk will sort out our problems in my opinion. i hope i'm proven right tomorrow night.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    XaviMessiGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theconomist View Post
    I did answer you, we do not need to buy a new team at each transfer window. Real madrid reshuffled twice since the 09/10 season and spend 520 millions, we didn't reshuffle once and we spent 348 millions. (transfermarket.co.uk just added the complimentary 40 mill to Neymar's father - the tax we paid since that wasn't really ''wanted'').

    Imagine if we spent that money to get the players we most needed, how good would that have been?

    I think we both agree that our main problem isn't spending per se, it's spending the right way. We can get any player we want and we can outbid everyone when our board really wants it. i.e: Neymar. We outbid pretty much everyone.
    AND this is where the MES QUE UN CLUB part could be in our favor, we can use that (and we do) to entice players to come to us instead of other teams as long as economically everything is more or less similar.
    Sure we do have a wage structure but then again the Neymar deal shows you that we can get what we want.

    Imagine if instead of Neymar we would have spent the money on 2 CBs or 1cb and a defensive lb.
    sure we'd still have the same issue with messi-dependance on attack (which neymar hasn't solved yet) but we wouldn't lose cup games. We would take them to penalties every single time even if we can't score.

    But, defenders don't sell shirts as well as strikers so Ibra,Villa,Sanchez,Neymar.
    Who exactly did we outbid for Neymar? Madrid? I think we all know that they only threw a bid in there to piss us off, they never actually wanted him and there was hardly a chance of him going there. And yeah, we could have spent all that money more wisely on players we are/were in a greater need of, and on top of that we could have used that money legally. The team's performance on the pitch is way more important than shirt sales - yes, shirt sales get us more money, but the bottom line is that we should be buying players we need rather than just names that sound good on paper. And Barca is such a popular club that we'd sell shirts regardless as long as we remain successful and keep those more casual fans interested.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lomar1o View Post
    nah i think buying more than four players will be a bit too much. unless we buy more than four and no one's gonna play actually. the team is balanced right now, i thought it wouldn't be, considering how many years we've wasted, but actually rebuilding current barcelona wouldn't benefit us. we should slowly inject new blood in the team, starting with a fullback, a gk and prolly a midfielder. then, in a year or a bit more we should get another midfielder and a right-back. and continue at this pace, slowly but surely. buying 7 players is no good man. barca is not ruined, i was thinking the same thing last year but no, this year barca is playing well under tata, we don't need HUGE changes, only minor changes but the improvement will be huge. that's my humble opinion.
    I disagree that we're balanced, our defense is a shambles, we basically have no gk, and we need fresh blood in the midfield. The forward line is probably the only part of our team that can be self-sufficient for another year or two if we have to. But yeah, slowly injecting is what we need to do, and we should have been doing it already before it became too late.

  10. #40
    The Culest
    Cule4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,693
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomar1o View Post
    i doubt i'd be able to bring up strong arguments against your opinion, but clearly for me at least barca is better than last season. busquets and iniesta have been great overall, our defence has been leaky for years, and buying seven players won't change it. buying one and a decent one at that might change it tho'. our midfield is good enough. only xavi is weaker and well cesc is cesc, i never liked him, never will, yet somehow he has good stats, so even in that aspect our midfield is good. buying a cb, a midfielder and a gk will sort out our problems in my opinion. i hope i'm proven right tomorrow night.
    What are you 12 years old?

    Yeah its not hard to improve from 7-0......

    Defence is bad cause Puyol has been our new signing for 3 years now

    Midfield is so good we need 4 midfielders to get control these days sacrificing our attack

    Yes Good stats=good player. Football is so simple right.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    You are good in cherrypicking and twisting stats. I am proud, you are learning from the best (me), lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What, the Man City Gabriel Jesus? One of the top10 strikers in the world today?

  11. #41
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,353
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cule4life View Post
    What are you 12 years old?

    Yeah its not hard to improve from 7-0......

    Defence is bad cause Puyol has been our new signing for 3 years now

    Midfield is so good we need 4 midfielders to get control these days sacrificing our attack

    Yes Good stats=good player. Football is so simple right.
    How many players do you want Barcelona to sign in the summer?

    It feels to me like too many people on here started following Barcelona at the height of the Pep years and think that is the standard that Barcelona should always be at. That was a one off group of players managed by an absolute genius in an era where the other teams were poorer.

    This Barcelona sqaud is still very strong despite the areas that do need improved.

    The way some people talk about the team is a disgrace as they are still a brilliant group of players amongst the best squads in the world and light years ahead of some of the dross Barcelona have had in the last twenty years.

  12. #42
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    How many players do you want Barcelona to sign in the summer?

    It feels to me like too many people on here started following Barcelona at the height of the Pep years and think that is the standard that Barcelona should always be at. That was a one off group of players managed by an absolute genius in an era where the other teams were poorer.

    This Barcelona sqaud is still very strong despite the areas that do need improved.

    The way some people talk about the team is a disgrace as they are still a brilliant group of players amongst the best squads in the world and light years ahead of some of the dross Barcelona have had in the last twenty years.
    For years. That's the problem. You don't waste players like Messi and Iniesta. And that's what this board's been doing. And it wouldn't take much... just one top cb 2 years ago would have improved this squad a lot. And a better cm/dm than Song. It wasn't a herculean task, not really.

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    XaviMessiGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    How many players do you want Barcelona to sign in the summer?

    It feels to me like too many people on here started following Barcelona at the height of the Pep years and think that is the standard that Barcelona should always be at. That was a one off group of players managed by an absolute genius in an era where the other teams were poorer.

    This Barcelona sqaud is still very strong despite the areas that do need improved.

    The way some people talk about the team is a disgrace as they are still a brilliant group of players amongst the best squads in the world and light years ahead of some of the dross Barcelona have had in the last twenty years.
    Just because Barca haven't always been this successful doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to be though. Just because Pep is gone and much of that generation is now aging doesn't mean we should settle for going back to being second best. I don't think it's too high an ask at all.

    Yeah, some fans are arrogant and take this team for granted... of course you can't compare this season's results to some of the really poor results of the past. But at the same time, it's that kind of thinking ("at least it's not as bad as...") that can lead to trouble.

  14. #44
    The Culest
    Cule4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,693
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    How many players do you want Barcelona to sign in the summer?.
    2CBs 1MF and 1 Striker. Maybe a defensive FB
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    You are good in cherrypicking and twisting stats. I am proud, you are learning from the best (me), lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What, the Man City Gabriel Jesus? One of the top10 strikers in the world today?

  15. #45
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,353
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    For years. That's the problem. You don't waste players like Messi and Iniesta. And that's what this board's been doing. And it wouldn't take much... just one top cb 2 years ago would have improved this squad a lot. And a better cm/dm than Song. It wasn't a herculean task, not really.
    I agree there are areas to improve on and hopefully they will act on it this summer if they are able to.

    My point is that it is far too far to describe the squad as

    We have no defence, a midfield whose running out of legs and a one dimensional attack. If there's one thing Barca is not it's balanced

    Every squad in the world can be improved and it is no way as bad as made out there.