User Tag List

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 946 to 958 of 958

Thread: Arjen Robben

  1. #946
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,033
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he would reconsider retirement if we offer him enough money. Do it Barto. We already are in "fuck it, no one cares anymore" territory.

  2. #947
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,010
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Maybe he would reconsider retirement if we offer him enough money. Do it Barto. We already are in "fuck it, no one cares anymore" territory.
    He's already agreed to join Groningen.

  3. #948
    HiiiPoWeR
    Blaugrana Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,261
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swap with Fati. No biggie.

  4. #949
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,033
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    He's already agreed to join Groningen.
    Another missed opportunity to grow our retirement home..

  5. #950
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,010
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Another missed opportunity to grow our retirement home..
    Ribery is still active

  6. #951
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    13,029
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Ribery is still active
    I heard Ronaldinho is making comeback.

  7. #952
    Villarato!
    El Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolfe's Den
    Posts
    11,507
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Tokelau
    Some are boring, some are not.

  8. #953
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,367
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Imagine if we didnt sell him, Ronaldo and Robben on each flank, really would have been something.

  9. #954
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,554
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was plagued by injuries. He had moments of selfishness. He also choked at times.

    But when he was on song, he was the third most fearsome attacker I've seen in the last 10 years after the obvious two. Yes, even better than prime Neymar.

    I miss the era of super teams in the CL - Barca, Bayern, Real, and United between 07 and 17. We got to see some absolutely stacked rosters play at the highest levels. Spoiled in retrospect.
    Last edited by KingLeo10; 10th February 2021 at 05:59 PM.

  10. #955
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,199
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    His left foot was danger, a stunning player. He was a joy to watch in his prime years.

  11. #956
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,367
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    He was plagued by injuries. He had moments of selfishness. He also choked at times.

    But when he was on song, he was the third most fearsome attacker I've seen in the last 10 years after the obvious two. Yes, even better than prime Neymar.
    Robben isn't some inconsistent showboat, he has been a consistent performer at a high level throughout his career.
    Injuries held him back, little else.

    Ronaldo and Robben on each flank would have been a sight to behold, truly.

  12. #957
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Robben isn't some inconsistent showboat, he has been a consistent performer at a high level throughout his career.
    Injuries held him back, little else.

    Ronaldo and Robben on each flank would have been a sight to behold, truly.
    But even with him you saw how important it is to build the skills into a system to complement it. He was nowhere really as good as in the triangle van Gaal build with him in combination with Lahm and M?ller at Bayern - especially after Heynckes teached him to do defensive work. From that moment on the Bayern fans loved him, too - what they did not when he still was the selfish pure individualist.

  13. #958
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    5,681
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donauwelle View Post
    But even with him you saw how important it is to build the skills into a system to complement it. He was nowhere really as good as in the triangle van Gaal build with him in combination with Lahm and M?ller at Bayern - especially after Heynckes teached him to do defensive work. From that moment on the Bayern fans loved him, too - what they did not when he still was the selfish pure individualist.
    I think you're underrating 2009/2010 Robben. That man singlehandedly dragged Bayern to a CL final and Netherlands douhandedly (+ Sneijder) to a WC final.
    Just to give some popular examples of what he did that year.

    Because of this goal (4:27) Bayern advanced to the quarterfinal on away goals (5-5 agg)



    Then because of this goal Bayern advanced to the semifinals, again due to away goals (5-5 agg)



    And then in the first leg of the semi final, Robben scored the game winner again (3:09)



    Oh and then there was also the DFB Cup final in which Robben also dragged Bayern to the title. Scoring in the Quartfinal, Semifinal and Final. Here for example the gamewinner of the semifinal in the 113th minute.



    And then the 2010 World Cup
    Robben scored the opener in the R16 vs Slovakia, Assisted the equalizer in the Quarterfinal vs Brazil, and scored the decisive goal in the semifinal vs Uruguay. But most people will remember him for just the sitter vs Casillas.

    2010 Ballon D'Or 3rd choice candidate was almost a tie between Sneijder and Robben, but the CL final edged it for Sneijder.
    Last edited by Yannik; 12th February 2021 at 11:04 AM.

Tags for this Thread