Saul Niguez

hulinat

Scores one goal and suddenly everyone wants to spend the entire transfer budget on him lmao. Meanwhile Oliver Torres is available for bargain but he isnt overrated enough for us to be interested in him.

Neeraj

Scores one goal and suddenly everyone wants to spend the entire transfer budget on him lmao. Meanwhile Oliver Torres is available for bargain but he isnt overrated enough for us to be interested in him.

Off- Topic - Whatever happened to Torres? I remember the forum was all over this guy a couple of years back? I have barely seen him play, is it because he has stagnated or mainly because of other players and transfers going ahead of him in the pecking order? seems to be the latter..

Messi983

Saul is not overrated, he's been constantly a top 3 player for Atletico this season. I'd love to have him here but probably only next summer.

And that's coming from a big Oliver Torres fan.

Apparently, that is one of the (many) positions he can play at though.

I'd imagine he'd be like another version of S.Roberto.

He can play CB but I wouldn't count on him for anything more than being our 5th CB option.

hulinat

Off- Topic - Whatever happened to Torres? I remember the forum was all over this guy a couple of years back? I have barely seen him play, is it because he has stagnated or mainly because of other players and transfers going ahead of him in the pecking order? seems to be the latter..

Oliver wanted to leave already in january and Simeone isnt playing him cus he clearly doesnt fit their system.

J

Jamie Cal

Do you get your info from Fifa? He's been far and away the best young player in La Liga, and Oli Torres had chances but did nothing with them. I could swear Saul got a pretty good assist in the quarter finals that people were raving about too. And even then, there was talks of a 20 million move in January, hardly a bargain. Just a totally dumbfounded statement.

J

Jamie Cal

Played some games at the start of this season but he couldn't really find his feet. Started the first game against Real and was way out of his depth. They had been trying to utilize him a bit like Arda. I wouldn't right him off yet, though, because they kept him in January when it looked like he'd leave which must mean something, plus it's his first proper year as a first teamer.

Jombi

He's been a monster all season. Atletico did well selling Arda for 40m to rejuvenate their starting lineup with the great Saul.

hulinat

Do you get your info from Fifa? He's been far and away the best young player in La Liga, and Oli Torres had chances but did nothing with them. I could swear Saul got a pretty good assist in the quarter finals that people were raving about too. And even then, there was talks of a 20 million move in January, hardly a bargain. Just a totally dumbfounded statement.

I never questioned Saul's skills and him being the best young player in the league is debatable. Oliver has already proven himself in Villarreal and Porto where he had just as good season as Saul is having now. The fact that Simeone brought him back to replace Arda and gave him 10# says alot. Olivers a skinny guy and just doesnt fit Atletis physical style of play which is why they want to get rid of him. Theyre not going to ask 50M for him if the club wants to sell and the player wants to leave.

Home of Barca Fans