Saul Niguez

Birdy

Saul getting 12m gross is a great deal considering we're paying Sergi Roberto almost that. Umtiti is on more as well.

None of them will be getting 12m gross or more come next season.
You know that, so don't create false impressions

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
None of them will be getting 12m gross or more come next season.
You know that, so don't create false impressions

What about this.

Ousmane Dembele will be making 20m gross next season.

An absolute bum that cannot score or create, yet you rate highly.

serghei

In before Saul plays great and even scores more goals than Dembele did last season in La Liga. :lol:

I did not follow Saul much last season, but in the past, he struck me as a player who is a hard worker, pretty fast, and scores goals. Unless he had many injuries, I don't see how he could be finished at 26.

As a profile, he is not similar to Pedri or De Jong. And fits the profile Koeman has been quoted as wanting in the team. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited:

DonAK

In before Saul plays great and even scores more goals than Dembele did last season in La Liga. :lol:

Funny thing is.
[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] rates players on whether likes of Klopp want them or not.

There's reports Liverpool want Saul, but he doesn't believe them because "it doesn't make any sense".

But "reports" about Liverpool wanting Dembele he believes, even if those doesn't make much sense either.

Therefore: Klopp knows best = Dembele is a great player that is being treated unfairly by Barca and their fans

Birdy

What about this.

Ousmane Dembele will be making 20m gross next season.

An absolute bum that cannot score or create, yet you rate highly.

You mean his old contract, that Laporta is going to ditch for a new one.

Creating false impressions again.

Liverpool does not want Saul, listen to Fab Romano. if they buy a mid, their top target is Renato Sanchez.
But they are not looking to strengthen there immediately

Birdy

I did not follow Saul much last season, but in the past, he struck me as a player who is a hard worker, pretty fast, and scores goals. Unless he had many injuries, I don't see how he could be finished at 26.

As a profile, he is not similar to Pedri or De Jong. And fits the profile Koeman has been quoted as wanting in the team. Let's see how it goes.

Honest question, when is the last time you watched Saul play?

Because the only correct thing that you forgot to mention about him is that he is technical.
He is not fast, not agile, not energetic, does not make the runs we want, does not have any of the movement we are lacking in md

Eternal benchwarmer he will be

DonAK

I don't see how I am creating false impressions when my point literally is that the last board gave players like Sergi Roberto and Umtiti higher salaries than we're giving a 26 year old Saul Niguez who was great in 2019-2020.

Bartomeu would probably hand out a 20m gross salary like he did for Frenkie and Dumbele.

vegitot

Because the only correct thing that you forgot to mention about him is that he is technical.
He is not fast, not agile, not energetic, does not make the runs we want, does not have any of the movement we are lacking in md

Klopp wants Saul according to rumors. So he is world class, by your own logic.

Birdy

The last board...
Right

We are talking about this board, because this board is going to give Saul a contract

DonAK

That's bullshit.

Saul is your typical box-to-box midfielder. Energetic, relatively quick, great at making forward runs, relatively strong and physical.

serghei

I watched him play when he was bossing Liverpool at home and scoring the only goal, back in early 2020. He scored in the return leg too but was called for offside (correctly). Nevertheless, his header was still spot on.

Could be wrong and Saul maybe really is on the downslope, but we'll see. I think it could pan out well for us.

Birdy

That's bullshit.

Saul is your typical box-to-box midfielder. Energetic, relatively quick, great at making forward runs, relatively strong and physical.

Before I throw in all the stats that prove the above statement is UTTER nonsense,
Do you have any video footage from last season proving any of the above?

"typical box to box" only in name

Home of Barca Fans