Josep Maria Bartomeu

F

Flavia

josep_m_bartomeu.v1310484316.jpg

Josep Maria Bartomeu i Floreta (Barcelona, 6 February 1963) has been an FC Barcelona member since 1974, he's member number 16,836. He’s been part of the Board of Directors since 2010, when the candidacy of Sandro Rosell won in the elections of June 13th, 2010. Since then he’s been first vice-president, responsible for the Athletic Area of the Club.

Bartomeu was also part of FC Barcelona’s Board of Directors from 2003 to 2005 as the director responsible for the basketball team.

Married and father of two, he’s a partner and CEO of the ADELTE Group (port and airport engineering, worldwide leader of boarding and design of large transport vehicles) and EFS, Equipo Facility Services (group of system maintenance and electromechanical equipment businesses).

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Fixed, thanks :blush:

No biggie, Flavia ;)

Ontopic: Curious to see whether a 15% vote of no confidence can be attained by the opposition, undoubtedly led by Laporta. Also, I hope the stadium issue will not get caught up in all this. I liked the Foster design, but I am also very fine with the new plans. Hope they will run a design competition to get 3-5 designs for the stadium and let the members vote on what should be done (see the Real Madrid thread for some maquettes they made of the Bernabeu).

F

Flavia

[h=1]Josep Maria Bartomeu announces the continuation of the Board’s project until 2016[/h] www.fcbarcelona.cat
01/23/2014 20:15

"I ask the members of the Club for their support. I want to encourage them to continue supporting the project that has brought us so much success and will bring us more success in the future," he said

"The future of the Camp Nou will continue to be a priority for this Board of Directors"

2014-01-23_RP_ROSELL__014.v1390509545.JPG

After Sandro Rosell revealed that he was stepping down as president of FC Barcelona, Josep Maria Bartomeu announced that he was assuming control of the Club. The former first vice-president confirmed “the continuation of the Board’s project until 2016.”

The following is Josep Maria Bartomeu’s speech:

“Sandro, President Rosell, friend, thank you very much for what you have done. We are very grateful. It hurts us that you have made this decision because you know that you have all of our support and the support of the members.

It has been an honour to work with you all of these years and this experience will live in our memories forever.

My first action as president of FC Barcelona is to announce the continuity of the Board’s project until 2016. We feel very strong. We were the most voted candidacy in the 2010 elections.

We will continue to work toward, and employ, the values that have guided us throughout these years and we will do so with enthusiasm and with the utmost commitment to maintain the excellence in the athletic, economic and social areas.

We have achieved a lot of goals in the past three years, but we still have a lot to accomplish.

I ask the members of the Club for their support. I want to encourage them to continue supporting the project that has brought us so much success and will bring us more success in the future.

Our challenges and objectives are valid. The first team and our professional teams will have our continued support and they will have the necessary resources to challenge for all of the titles.

The future of the Camp Nou will continue to be a priority for this Board of Directors. A lot is at stake with this project – our future for the upcoming decades – and members have the final word when the referendum comes up in April.

This Club belongs to the members and I will do everything in our power to consolidate the the Club where it is now, at the highest point in its history.

My final point: we will be very firm in our defence and we will demand the utmost respect for the Club in all athletic, political and judicial aspects.

In conclusion, we will have a Board of Directors meeting tomorrow, and then we will hold a press conference where I will gladly answer all of your questions.

Thank you all.

Visca el Barça and Visca Catalunya.”

Stric

"We were the most voted candidacy" :lol: I love how it's "we" all of a sudden. No one ever voted for this fool. Can't wait to see what's next. Hoping for the vote of no confidence and reelections. If there was ever a time for the socis to stand up and get rid of the board, it's now. It's a precious opportunity.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Some excerpts from the pressy

“Football games are won on the pitch, not behind closed doors in offices”

"We lost Di Stefano in the offices, the same didn't happen with Neymar."

"Just because a lawsuit has been lodged that doesn’t mean that things have been done wrong."

“We are very proud of the Neymar contract, but it seems like we are being asked to apologise for it”

"Everything done concerning Neymar was done for the good of Barça”

“Neymar decided to turn down bigger offers which were above 100 million and would have doubled his paypacket"

Home of Barca Fans