Miralem Pjanic

Barcilliant

I'm glad Nico went on loan to Valencia. Hope he gets alot of games and does well.

He clearly has ambition and doesn't want to ride the bench and play the odd game. Abde 8s linked with Valencia too. Hope they both become better players and come back.

malvolio

Nico made the right move to go to Valencia. Wouldn't have played much here.

Pjanic is a bum, don't understand Xavi's reasoning on this one. Just to have numbers on the bench?

Catta

Keeping Pjanic is a bad move from Xavi. He still has not reduced his wages, why keep a player with a massive salary only to play the odd game as Busis backup.

Should get a Roberto level salary to be worth keeping around.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Xavi fancied Ferret too so much for that. Pjanic is shit but it is what it is. Big wages, doesn't want to leave and who would take him anyway :lol:

mesiesta

Keeping Pjanic is a bad move from Xavi. He still has not reduced his wages, why keep a player with a massive salary only to play the odd game as Busis backup.

Should get a Roberto level salary to be worth keeping around.

Well, Roberto himself can do the Pjanic's role of the "last-option midfield sub". I don't think we even need another player with Roberto's salary level.

Porque

Xavi is pragmatic in his squad approach. He saw Dembele as an asset last season while the SD wanted Dembele made an example of. In the end Xavi was correct.

Xavi now see's Pjanic as the closest option to replace Busquets while maintaining the same style. Right or wrong in our eyes, Xavi is choosing the most secure route to victory.

In the end he is not paying the wages, and as long as all the required players can fit into the salary cap, he probably see's it better to have Pjanic there for the few games Busquets rests than not. If it is the incorrect solution, we will find a solution in January market I guess.

Sooke

Pjanic was on the bench with Besiktas at the end of the year and they didn't have much to play for. Their biggest problem with him was his injuries.
Pjanic took massive pay cut to join Besiktas and it is already said he will do the same again.

As for Nico, Xavi told him he will stay and get minutes but he insisted to leave.
Remember Nico is son of an accomplished footballer who seen it all, with an agent like Mendes I think it is safe guess they didn't want to be " a new Puig " and wanted playing time.

khaled, I agree with what you say, but please allow me to make some objections. Besiktas I think finished at 6-th spot which allowed them to play in Europe League. But Pjanic was benched many times due to not satisfactory performance.
Letting Nico go could have been avoided because many Barcelona fans from Catalonia still think that Nico, Gavi and Pedri are our new Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. I am always against keeping washed-up veterans and sending La Masia talents somewhere else. And moneywise it makes no sense.

Birdy

So many hysterical and uneducated takes here....

1) First of all, Pjanic reduced his wages 50% or 60% last August before going out on loan to Besiktas.
So, he has done his part as far as wages are concerned

2) Pjanic is closer to Busi-type pivot than anyone else in the squad.
Nico could have played the role, but since Pjanic wanted to stay, and 3 players for 1 position would have been an overkill,
Nico made the right call to go out on loan

3) It's 2022, and people are still thinking Frenkie can play pivot.
no, he CAN'T.
And if 3 years at Barca haven't convinced you about that, nothing will.
You are not really watching football

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The way Xavi sets up his midfield a pivot in the mould of Busquets and Pjanic is useless. He need a midfielder who can drop down deep and advance the ball forward as he has our CMs stationed far too high up the field.

Home of Barca Fans