Ivan Rakitić

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I hate also Rakitic abd he should have left after 16-17 but he got too much hate when he was here. People said he is the reason why we get humilated in knock out matches and then without him we lost 2-8. The problem is much bigger than just 1-2 players.

BBZ8800

Of course people are more prone to be forgiving against talented players.

Alba and Suarez have been cunts all their careers, from young age, to prime, to decline.
It's when the decline hits when these antics become extra annoying.

When Suarez was playing like shit and still complaining to teammates, putting more energy on refs and opponents rather than improving himself, of course fans react they way we've been doing. Same with Rakitic, shit on pitch, shit off it.

Busi is at the same doorstep, pretty bad on the pitch. BUT he's quiet off it, he doesn't put gas on the fire. He's criticized by many, if not all, for his skills.
If he at this point starts complaining and shows arrogance, people will treat him the same way as Rakitic and Suarez.

Because first and foremost we judge players on their skills. Personality is secondary. If you have none of those, you're an easy target for double the amount of criticism.

No.

Your post sounds as if you or others dislike Rakitic a lot due to his arrogance.

But when Mats whined because Bravo was playing, people didn't take that as bad against him.
Do you know why?
Because he was YOUNG.
And youth and "he is young and has potential", "he could improve even more" and "we are set for the next 10 years" always win over older players.

So:
1. when Raki is arrogant = sell that whining bitch/cancer
2. when Mats is whining way more = well, he is young and has potential

How about partying?
1. when Rakitic is partying in Seville after Barca's match = look at this idiot
2. when Dembele is playing Ps4 and eating Big Macs at 04:00 in the morning = media is lying. They hate him for no reason.
3. when Arthur is smoking, snowboarding, getting STDs = media is lying.

Basically, on the first bad thing about Rakitic off field = all haters believe in the story and he is crucified.
When Dembele or Arthur made the same thing (off field tricky things) = the same people who crucified Rakitic after one thing, defended those two for months with replies = why do you believe in those stories? Media needs to write something. Or: they are hating poor guys for no reason. Sport/El Mundo have agenda against them.

Again, do you know why?
1. because if the player is young, he gets way more credit/defending from an average Barca's fan
2. if the player is from La Masia = add even more credit/defending
3. if the player possess some skills which resemble on Barca's DNA or something from Pep's days (for example, Arthur's press resistance) = players earns another 100 coins in the eyes of an average fan, and it will take Months of off field mistakes and Months of a horrible form until a young player will FINALLY lose credits.
On the other hand, an older guy is killed after 1-2 mistakes.

Just make a comparison:
Rikileaks crying for not playing
Mats crying for not playing
Rakitic crying for not playing
= who is the only one who got hate for crying?

And people will reply with some nonsense like: yeah, but Rakitic sucks as a player and Riki/Mats are awesome and they whined for a reason.
And that reply again comes from a viewpoint: each young player is overrated and an average fan gives them too much credit.
So, every young guy can make way more onfield mistakes and off field problems until a fan will finally lose faith in him, after roughly 18-24 of problems.

Last edited:

Porque

Rakitic got old. That is all. On his peak, what an incredible and fantastic player.

I am sure the forum Rakitic hate is simply through Ernie's overuse of him, Ernie's pragmatic system and reliance of the conservation of all the aged players starting.

But in hindsight, what other option did Valverde have? Andre Gomes? Alena? Sergi Roberto? Puig? Arthur?

Maybe if Arthur could stay fit, uninjured and had C.Ronaldo mentality and football dedication he would be the best alternative option. But the rest have shown their level and the trust in Raki was justified.

Joan

Rakitic was very good in Valverde's first season, great I'd say. An example of a different, yet effective midfield concept was that duo with Busquets. Declined after due to age, but still was our best option until FDJ came. Obvious the latter is the better player at the moment and one can only hope he ends up having much better career with Barca.

Regarding the hate Rakitic gets, it might've gotten worse after Liverpool, but it's just an exuse in the end. 'Rakishit' was hated long before Liverpool and blamed for everything wrong with the team.

mc_lovin

I still have PTSD from Valverdes three out of Busquets/Frenkie/Vidal/Rakitic midfield approach. And thank god Koeman has some sense and doesnt continue this tradition with Pjanic.

As for the maestro himself, Rakitic, who has been a fine player, but still miles off a worldclass level, it just made it infinitely worse looking at Kroos and Modric at the other part of town (yeah, entitlement sucks).

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
No.

Your post sounds as if you or others dislike Rakitic a lot due to his arrogance.

But when Mats whined because Bravo was playing, people didn't take that as bad against him.
Do you know why?
Because he was YOUNG.
And youth and "he is young and has potential", "he could improve even more" and "we are set for the next 10 years" always win over older players.

So:
1. when Raki is arrogant = sell that whining bitch/cancer
2. when Mats is whining way more = well, he is young and has potential

How about partying?
1. when Rakitic is partying in Seville after Barca's match = look at this idiot
2. when Dembele is playing Ps4 and eating Big Macs at 04:00 in the morning = media is lying. They hate him for no reason.
3. when Arthur is smoking, snowboarding, getting STDs = media is lying.

Basically, on the first bad thing about Rakitic off field = all haters believe in the story and he is crucified.
When Dembele or Arthur made the same thing (off field tricky things) = the same people who crucified Rakitic after one thing, defended those two for months with replies = why do you believe in those stories? Media needs to write something. Or: they are hating poor guys for no reason. Sport/El Mundo have agenda against them.

Again, do you know why?
1. because if the player is young, he gets way more credit/defending from an average Barca's fan
2. if the player is from La Masia = add even more credit/defending
3. if the player possess some skills which resemble on Barca's DNA or something from Pep's days (for example, Arthur's press resistance) = players earns another 100 coins in the eyes of an average fan, and it will take Months of off field mistakes and Months of a horrible form until a young player will FINALLY lose credits.
On the other hand, an older guy is killed after 1-2 mistakes.

Just make a comparison:
Rikileaks crying for not playing
Mats crying for not playing
Rakitic crying for not playing
= who is the only one who got hate for crying?

And people will reply with some nonsense like: yeah, but Rakitic sucks as a player and Riki/Mats are awesome and they whined for a reason.
And that reply again comes from a viewpoint: each young player is overrated and an average fan gives them too much credit.
So, every young guy can make way more onfield mistakes and off field problems until a fan will finally lose faith in him, after roughly 18-24 of problems.

I said people are prone to be more forgiving towards talented players. Why? Because we judge players on their skills. Personality is secondary.

It's not about any player specifically. The pattern is the same whether you are Riqui, Rakitic, Suarez or Busquets.

1. If you don't perform on the pitch, and probably won't in 3 years either + you're acting like shit = then you're out. (30+ Rakitic, old Suarez and Vidal. Riqui, Dembele and Arthur for you)
2. If you perform on the pitch, make some mistakes personality wise = you're still in. (prime Neymar, prime Suarez, Alba, Pique)
3. If you don't perform yet, but still young and have people believing in you + you're a douche = you can be afforded to be given a second or third chance. (Arthur, Dembele, Mats, Riqui)

It's general. Rakitic isn't a special target, he is an easy target thanks to himself.
If he in 2015 would be benched for old Xavi and then complain in media we would most probably support Ivan 100% and think the treatment is unfair.

Birdy

Raki had 2 good seasons :14/15 and 15/16.
From then on it was all downhill. If club had a serious sporting department overseeing development of players, they would have sold him 2016.
We were not that club obviously.
But what was criminal was not selling him in 2018 after the WC. Already declining 2 years, and evidently being below the requirements on the pitch, but then he has a great WC and teams around interested in him.
Criminal...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As someone who wanted to sign Rakitic for Barca and defended him until 2017, I personally started disliking him because:

- His play started declining drastically

- He backed Bartomeu who was under pressure publicly on at least a couple of occasions, despite his other team mates staying neutral and not wanting to get involved in the politics of Barca's Presidency and Board Room.

- Him using the press in his favour, begging Barto publicly about a contract extension which would involve a higher salary, going to Feira de Abril in Sevilla after we got kicked out of the Champions League, his teary eyed mini-docu about Barca/Valverde "taking the ball" from him which is ironic considering his most ardent supporters make it out to be like he was a team player who would sacrifice himself for the team.

The moment Rakitic faced any criticism, scrutiny for his performances or competition he went and backstabbed the likes of Lucho and Valverde. One who signed him and the other who was loyal almost to a fault to Raki.

BarcaOG

Banned
As someone who wanted to sign Rakitic for Barca and defended him until 2017, I personally started disliking him because:

- His play started declining drastically

- He backed Bartomeu who was under pressure publicly on at least a couple of occasions, despite his other team mates staying neutral and not wanting to get involved in the politics of Barca's Presidency and Board Room.

- Him using the press in his favour, begging Barto publicly about a contract extension which would involve a higher salary, going to Feira de Abril in Sevilla after we got kicked out of the Champions League, his teary eyed mini-docu about Barca/Valverde "taking the ball" from him which is ironic considering his most ardent supporters make it out to be like he was a team player who would sacrifice himself for the team.

The moment Rakitic faced any criticism, scrutiny for his performances or competition he went and backstabbed the likes of Lucho and Valverde. One who signed him and the other who was loyal almost to a fault to Raki.

hello donak long time no see u around

As for Rakitic...I kinda feel bad for him. He's not our problem anymore (thankfully) so it seems to me poor sportsmanship to bash him like this. He gave us a lot of good memories. We have moved on so no need to crap on him since he doesn't affect us anymore.

Horatio

You're welcome
Let's not forget about the video of him jumping in the pool fully dressed after the Bayern trashing we received.

BarcaOG

Banned
Let's not forget about the video of him jumping in the pool fully dressed after the Bayern trashing we received.

Yes, very inappropriate given the context. But remember, too, for example, when he scored that Pasillo goal against Real in the Bernabeu.

My point being that hey, he doesn't cost us anything anymore, so let's not dwell on it. He contributed to our club's legacy in the past and should be respected for that, at least. For example, we don't really stick it to Ronnie for having a very meh 2007-2008--we rather remember 04-06. (I don't mean to equate the two; just an example off the top of my head)

Horatio

You're welcome
Yes, very inappropriate given the context. But remember, too, for example, when he scored that Pasillo goal against Real in the Bernabeu.

My point being that hey, he doesn't cost us anything anymore, so let's not dwell on it. He contributed to our club's legacy in the past and should be respected for that, at least. For example, we don't really stick it to Ronnie for having a very meh 2007-2008--we rather remember 04-06. (I don't mean to equate the two; just an example off the top of my head)

It's just a simple case of people giving their explanation as to why they think of him the way they do as some people don't understand the dislike of others.

BarcaOG

Banned
I understand it, though. He was completely useless his last season here, and arrogant to boot (i.e. that dig against Frenkie taking his spot given how poor his form was). Totally frustrating to have around. I'm just saying hey: it's not our problem anymore.

Home of Barca Fans