10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

I'd like to add one more thing, the footballing world wanted Messi to win games for Argentina like he does for Barca, and 2 games in he has done exactly that. I don't think we should read into his overall performance the same way we do when he plays with Barca... because Argentina have been pretty woeful. Gago, Higuain, Masch and Aguero seemed to have left their talent at home and Sabella has been average as a coach. It pains me to say it but Romero has been one of their best players.

BarcaGirl

6sxaoh.jpg

:lol:

F

Flavia

I'd like to add one more thing, the footballing world wanted Messi to win games for Argentina like he does for Barca, and 2 games in he has done exactly that.
Yeah. I lost count how many times he was invisible during a game, and then scored once or twice and was motm. His consistency doing that still is one of his best traits.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The amount of time he hit the post in 2010 was way too much without the ball actually going in lol. The amount of bad luck he had in that tournament was astonishing.

But did it really deflect off of an Iranian player? I did not see it. Someone please prove it please.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ufff I'm just reading stats, comprehensive ones, from fifa.com, truly not good. They have this stats, maybe not 100% accurate but still, where they measure not just running distance but running tempo as well and his are not so good.
Nobody can't fool himself anymore, he is not moving well, don't know why though.

What stats are you reading? Care to share and elaborate?

NotInHere

I'd like to add one more thing, the footballing world wanted Messi to win games for Argentina like he does for Barca, and 2 games in he has done exactly that. I don't think we should read into his overall performance the same way we do when he plays with Barca... because Argentina have been pretty woeful. Gago, Higuain, Masch and Aguero seemed to have left their talent at home and Sabella has been average as a coach. It pains me to say it but Romero has been one of their best players.
That's because people only want to focus on the negatives, personally I wanna see a more positive outcome. For now, Leo has bailed out Argentina 2 times in a row, it looks like his pulling a Maradona.

Lets see how he plays from now on

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah. I lost count how many times he was invisible during a game, and then scored once or twice and was motm. His consistency doing that still is one of his best traits.

Nah, that is the trademark Cristiano Ronaldo phenomenon that I don't want Messi to be associated with. ;)

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Why does it matter if the ball took a slight deflection? Pretty ridiculous to fixate on something as unimportant as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans