10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

Just because play was forced down the wings doesn't mean tactics weren't Messi-centric.

You put Messi in the middle at the top.
You tell the wing players to hug the touchlines.

I don't know what the hell the Alves crosses were for- seems to me to be giving up on penetration and gambling for a loose ball in the box. In other words- "we can't get the ball to Messi, so throw it in and see what happens."

Whatever you want to call it, with those tactics, the player still most likely to have a good look at goal is Messi.

Kerrybai

Just because play was forced down the wings doesn't mean tactics weren't Messi-centric.

You put Messi in the middle at the top.
You tell the wing players to hug the touchlines.

I don't know what the hell the Alves crosses were for- seems to me to be giving up on penetration and gambling for a loose ball in the box. In other words- "we can't get the ball to Messi, so throw it in and see what happens."

Whatever you want to call it, with those tactics, the player still most likely to have a good look at goal is Messi.

Well I don't see anything wrong with revolving the attack around 1 or 2 forwards as is the case with most teams, especially when one of those players is Messi, and playing down the wing was hardly meant to benefit Messi? Tata surely wasn't that crazy? :lol:

I'd actually like to see Lucho centre our attack around Messi more but in a withdrawn role, perhaps like the way he operates with Argentina.

BerkeleyBernie

Well I don't see anything wrong with revolving the attack around 1 or 2 forwards as is the case with most teams, especially when one of those players is Messi, and playing down the wing was hardly meant to benefit Messi? Tata surely wasn't that crazy? :lol:

I think playing down the wing is a result of teams defending deep against Barça: if the middle is clogged, you only have the wings. Tata gave the wingers permission to try to dribble in, and gave Alves permission to cross. With Messi playing more static between the centerbacks all game (2012-2013, he'd only do that for the first 20 minutes, before dropping back into the midfield for the rest of the game), penetration through the middle was unlikley.

I'd actually like to see Lucho centre our attack around Messi more but in a withdrawn role, perhaps like the way he operates with Argentina.

Exactly what most of us have been advocating for several seasons now. The team regains its fluidity with Messi withdrawn, and a striker ahead of him pinning the centerbacks (i.e. Villa vs Milan).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who is the better dribbler, Messi or Garrincha?

I have seen (on video clips) Garrincha doing really amazing stuff.

coura

Banned

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=www.mundodeportivo.com&langpair=es|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Not the best english.

The anti-money laundering unit of the Guardia Civil is investigating five wire transfers amounting to almost a million euros from the organizers at least two charity matches "Messi and his friends against the rest of the world," according to today's El País.

These related parties intervened in Argentina Barcelona player transfers between 2012 and 2013 ended in a company located in the tax haven of Curacao (the Netherlands Antilles, the southeastern Caribbean), according to the Madrid daily.

Researchers have opened proceedings for the alleged crimes of money laundering and tax fraud.

In the proof of such transfers as the company appears recipient 'G. Marín-Messi '. Guillermo Marin recalls El País, is a personal friend of Messi and Messi trusted person in managing their charity matches.

Both the player and his father, Jorge Horacio Messi, acknowledge friendship with Guillermo Marin and his efforts in those games. "It is an Argentine businessman I know since 2006 and organizes matches my Foundation" admitted as a witness Barcelona player to the Civil Guard.

"La Guardia Civil-added information-was interested more about who contacted Guillermo Marin." Not me, the contacting is my father, "said the Argentine footballer. Both Messi as the father declared as witnesses and both agree that there was no personal gain in those games, but the lawyer in Spain of society Total Concerts (which organized the charity match in Colombia) has delivered to the Civil Guard five documents for bank transfers in which it is shown that both Messi and other players present in Colombia charged money for that act. "

He has also contributed a sixth proof of payment of nearly 75,000 euros to society STI Travel, SA, to manage the travel and stay of the players, which include Dani Alves, Mascherano and Pinto, co-Messi in Barcelona.

These three players told the Civil Guard that they had not received money from these meetings, although they acknowledged the payment of travel and subsistence.

"The research, based on witness statements, claims that Messi received two of the four million dollars donated by Andrew Barco (company VP Total Concerts) Guillermo Marín," reports the newspaper.

The investigated matches were played between 2012 and 2013 in Mexico, Colombia, Peru and the United States.

Research on these charity matches is not related to the file you opened the Tax Agency Messi Spain a few months ago to hide payments to the Treasury.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=www.mundodeportivo.com&langpair=es|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Not the best english.

The anti-money laundering unit of the Guardia Civil is investigating five wire transfers amounting to almost a million euros from the organizers at least two charity matches "Messi and his friends against the rest of the world," according to today's El País.

These related parties intervened in Argentina Barcelona player transfers between 2012 and 2013 ended in a company located in the tax haven of Curacao (the Netherlands Antilles, the southeastern Caribbean), according to the Madrid daily.

Researchers have opened proceedings for the alleged crimes of money laundering and tax fraud.

In the proof of such transfers as the company appears recipient 'G. Marín-Messi '. Guillermo Marin recalls El País, is a personal friend of Messi and Messi trusted person in managing their charity matches.

Both the player and his father, Jorge Horacio Messi, acknowledge friendship with Guillermo Marin and his efforts in those games. "It is an Argentine businessman I know since 2006 and organizes matches my Foundation" admitted as a witness Barcelona player to the Civil Guard.

"La Guardia Civil-added information-was interested more about who contacted Guillermo Marin." Not me, the contacting is my father, "said the Argentine footballer. Both Messi as the father declared as witnesses and both agree that there was no personal gain in those games, but the lawyer in Spain of society Total Concerts (which organized the charity match in Colombia) has delivered to the Civil Guard five documents for bank transfers in which it is shown that both Messi and other players present in Colombia charged money for that act. "

He has also contributed a sixth proof of payment of nearly 75,000 euros to society STI Travel, SA, to manage the travel and stay of the players, which include Dani Alves, Mascherano and Pinto, co-Messi in Barcelona.

These three players told the Civil Guard that they had not received money from these meetings, although they acknowledged the payment of travel and subsistence.

"The research, based on witness statements, claims that Messi received two of the four million dollars donated by Andrew Barco (company VP Total Concerts) Guillermo Marín," reports the newspaper.

The investigated matches were played between 2012 and 2013 in Mexico, Colombia, Peru and the United States.

Research on these charity matches is not related to the file you opened the Tax Agency Messi Spain a few months ago to hide payments to the Treasury.

Didn't the same allegations surface last summer too? In any event, Messi can only be accused of negligence, I believe. It will taint his image if proven true certainly, but Messi himself shouldn't be implicated.

Antimadridista1

Higuain (Napoli): "Messi is the best player in the world. He looks really fine, calm. His motivation inspires the whole squad." [marca]

Hope that CR7 and Madrid fans will have a look at this…

NotInHere

Why is everyone freaking out regarding Leos vomitting anyway, theres been loads of tv sport shows where they have brought this topic up for discussion

"Leo is not 100%"- analyst

People like drama it seems

AURELIUS

Why is everyone freaking out regarding Leos vomitting anyway, theres been loads of tv sport shows where they have brought this topic up for discussion

"Leo is not 100%"- analyst

People like drama it seems

Or medical opinion. I suffered from reflux at night. Inherited from my mother. It's jus with age in my case the late twenties the lower esophagal sphincter does not close properly allowing stomach contents and acid to enter the unprotected lining of the oesophagus. One can use anti acid medication, surgical intervention or dietary measures to control it. I for instance my final meal is five hours before I go to bed and I do not drink tea then either.

Enough of that boring case history. It's nothing to worry about. Adrenaline acting on the smooth muscle of the sphincter may be part of the problem. Leo will be fine. All rumours of his demise, a loss of pace, sharpness of thought, attitude will be dispelled soon enough.

AURELIUS

Who is the better dribbler, Messi or Garrincha?

I have seen (on video clips) Garrincha doing really amazing stuff.

Messi is Garrincha's heir. They are very similar in style. Unfortunately Garrincha always gets overshadowed by the publicity machine of man of the people Pele whereas Garrincha died in desperate circumstances.

NotInHere

Or medical opinion. I suffered from reflux at night. Inherited from my mother. It's jus with age in my case the late twenties the lower esophagal sphincter does not close properly allowing stomach contents and acid to enter the unprotected lining of the oesophagus. One can use anti acid medication, surgical intervention or dietary measures to control it. I for instance my final meal is five hours before I go to bed and I do not drink tea then either.

Enough of that boring case history. It's nothing to worry about. Adrenaline acting on the smooth muscle of the sphincter may be part of the problem. Leo will be fine. All rumours of his demise, a loss of pace, sharpness of thought, attitude will be dispelled soon enough.
agreed

All the premature assumptions get annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans