10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimadridista1

messi_2827039b.jpg

In front of City fans who thought that they could buy him this summer :lol:

F

Flavia

Some people keep associating Messi's form with the money aspect of his contract renewal when I think that is was the emotional aspect that most likely attributed to his less than spectacular form. Not having the confidence of the board in knowing he was valued and they wanted to renew him must have been nerve wrecking and why he was sick before games more frequently.

Before I knew of all the behind the scenes stuff (rumors of the board wanting to sell him) that was reported I just thought it was Messi being lazy or focusing on wc or even rebelling against Tata.

Now I feel almost certainly that with loose ends tied up on his contract and having the boards confidence again, we will see the best of Messi.

This corrupt board has all of us fans blaming everyone but them (by design).

Yes. If money was his primary focus, he'd easily earn a lot more elsewhere. By now he'd had already left Barça.

Stric

I for one think Messi's form has little if anything to do with his contract renegotiation. And surely he himself knew about the board's interest in renegotiating his contract and the progress of the renegotiation long before we did, so I don't see a reason why he'd suddenly feel or perform much different than a week or two ago, just because the deal was announced in public today. It's not as if he didn't know a week ago that the board wanted to improve his contract... These things take time and behind the scenes, they have better knowledge of how the negotiation went. I doubt that a week ago Messi thought he didn't have the board's confidence, but now he thinks he does. :lol:

abual3bed1

Wow he missed 5 games after having bit another player for no reason. He was still 100 percent fit in that time and had extra time to get into better conditioning after the confederation cup. Why is that more praise worthy than coming back from the 3rd major injury in 9 months, having to get match fit etc and still only being 3 goals behind Suarez and CR?

It's because Suarez has stepped up on his game, became more of a team player, led his team from the front, had no protection from the refs for his diving reputation (which he cut it out this season, almost), added so much consistency to his game. Praising Suarez doesn't mean that Messi was bad, Suarez had an out of this world type of season and had only league games to show his worth. Best striker this season is Suarez, Period.

Zincubus

Banned
It's because Suarez has stepped up on his game, became more of a team player, led his team from the front, had no protection from the refs for his diving reputation (which he cut it out this season, almost), added so much consistency to his game. Praising Suarez doesn't mean that Messi was bad, Suarez had an out of this world type of season and had only league games to show his worth. Best striker this season is Suarez, Period.

Agreed without doubt .

I actually believe that if we are to offer any threat to Real Madrid and Bayern etc we simply HAVE to get Saurez !

Pepe Silvia

I for one think Messi's form has little if anything to do with his contract renegotiation. And surely he himself knew about the board's interest in renegotiating his contract and the progress of the renegotiation long before we did, so I don't see a reason why he'd suddenly feel or perform much different than a week or two ago, just because the deal was announced in public today. It's not as if he didn't know a week ago that the board wanted to improve his contract... These things take time and behind the scenes, they have better knowledge of how the negotiation went. I doubt that a week ago Messi thought he didn't have the board's confidence, but now he thinks he does. :lol:
It's a weight off of his shoulders. When you are stressed (for whatever reason Messi was stressed/nervous/sick whatever you wanna call it) all you want is resolution and closure so you can feel better. ;)

Chainsaw

Killahead
Some people keep associating Messi's form with the money aspect of his contract renewal when I think that is was the emotional aspect that most likely attributed to his less than spectacular form. Not having the confidence of the board in knowing he was valued and they wanted to renew him must have been nerve wrecking and why he was sick before games more frequently.

Before I knew of all the behind the scenes stuff (rumors of the board wanting to sell him) that was reported I just thought it was Messi being lazy or focusing on wc or even rebelling against Tata.

Now I feel almost certainly that with loose ends tied up on his contract and having the boards confidence again, we will see the best of Messi.

This corrupt board has all of us fans blaming everyone but them (by design).

Ditto!

Antimadridista1

If he walks tonight just like he did the past weeks, and just after the announcement of his new contract… there's gonna be a lot of critics.
He didn't score against Atletico during the last 6 matches. Don't expect him to score tonight honestly.

Leo10

:nuke: Shitstorm of criticism, negativity and hating incoming in 6 hours.

:nuke: Everyone is advised to take special precautions and stay away from the Messi thread during this time. :gap:

Zincubus

Banned
If he walks tonight just like he did the past weeks, and just after the announcement of his new contract… there's gonna be a lot of critics.
He didn't score against Atletico during the last 6 matches. Don't expect him to score tonight honestly.

No fears . There's always Pedro and Alexis .....

Crap !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans