10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meitux

Was he even on the field? Im not tottaly sharing this opinion for everytime but today he looked absolutely bored and not caring at all...

guyofcricket

Was he even on the field? Im not tottaly sharing this opinion for everytime but today he looked absolutely bored and not caring at all...

Just watch him in the last 7 minutes after Bales goal. The whole team was running ragged trying their hearts out, yet Messi was just calmly jogging around.

DinhoR10

The Last time the #10 played so uninterestedly in a trophyless season he got sold to ac Milan, just saying. Messi wont get sold but he doesn't deserve another fucking pay increase.

Alarcón

Its not as if Leo is just another player that needs to be positioned like a child always to make those runs. He is THE BEST PLAYER in the world. He doesn't need a coach to tell him to position himself. He should have run through Pepe and Ramos, like the rest of Liga has done. He just isn't the same anymore, accept it.

Yes he does. Every player does. Some more, others less. I feel that despite Leo being the best player in the world he is actually one of the players who relies heavily on a great coach who tells him what to do, how to move etc. That was also showcased in the Argentine national team where he only started performing when Sabella became coach. Everything moves very fast when you play and sometimes you just need someone at the sidelines who has a clear overview over the game to tell you what to do so you don't get lost. That's what coaches are for.

Chong Li

FUCK you TATA!

Marginalising the best player in the world is the best tactics ever.

Our (hopefully soon to be ex-) coach is a clueless idiot.

F

Flavia

Yes he does. Every player does. Some more, others less. I feel that despite Leo being the best player in the world he is actually one of the players who relies heavily on a great coach who tells him what to do, how to move etc. That was also showcased in the Argentine national team where he only started performing when Sabella became coach. Everything moves very fast when you play and sometimes you just need someone at the sidelines who has a clear overview over the game to tell you what to do so you don't get lost. That's what coaches are for.

+1

Go figure people that think players don't need coaches.

Jägermeister

Until he's playing with a proper coach and team again, there's no way to know that he is "not the same". He is not the focal point of attack anymore.

So true since Tata's system is basically pass to wing and then cross it in or do sth :)tata1: : "how should I know what to do"). He just doesn't get the ball as much as he used to. I think that is one main problem for him. He needs to get the ball back!

xxxxxx

I'm now starting to think Messi is playing crap on purpose. I honestly believe Messi doesn't want to play under this manager and board.

Maybe he's trying to force a move?

I

instinct

BlX7cHyCUAAGLbD.jpg:large

Yannick03

Did not receive a usefull ball the entire game, he has no space to do his things cause our tactics are way of. I can understand the criticism for him not running as much as the others but it has been this for years, I don't get why this is such a big deal all of a sudden. Barcafans looking for someone to blame ? I blame Tata for picking the wrong tactics and the board for the lack of centre backs and a worthy back-up goalkeeper.

F

Flavia

Weren't we all screaming for that change to happen?

Blame Tata all you want, but Leo has also a huge responsibility regarding his drop in form...

Who's saying he doesn't? But it's a collective failure. A huge one. The team crumbled hard. Everyone. Messi gets so much hate now because he accostumed people to abil Barça out even when everyone else was bad. But that's hard to do now that he is not the focal point of attack. And also, the team is the worse it's been in a long time. Not to mention all the off the field issues.

And now the "he's playing bad on purpose to get sold" shouts started... As if the team was great and he was sucking alone. It's isn't easy being Messi, not even with all the money he has.

BerkeleyBernie

At the moment, he is neither a striker nor a midfielder. He is just present but he doesn't really do anything. Very poor movement.

Then add Neymar on the wing, and Cesc into the mix, and you have a static shape that is completely predictable. They may not be as accurate, but Madrid as a team offered far more movement and rapid passing than Barça did. Until Barça has a team that moves again, they are going to be easy for better teams to shut down.

Just don't understand why both Alexis and Pedro start on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans