Eidur Smari Gudjohnsen

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Re: 7 - Eidur Smari Gudjohnsen

This guy's been a hero recently, he's made some killer passes (especially that lifted lob assist for Busquet's goal against Shakhtar). He's a proper bear as well, really really strong, so he tends to win challenges a lot. Quite a few games it's been either him or Yaya steamrolling and controlling the midfield and supplying to Messi or Xavi to create attacks. Class player.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Well done to score the rebound. He deserved the goal after his determined performance

maz

I walk the line

Ive always been pro-guddy (although he was useless when played as a CF! but that was beyond his control). Im glad we kept him last summer...he is definitely a useful player particularly for cup games and cl group stage games. He can also offer us something different when it comes to the latter minutes of CL knock out games and liga games. He can even accompany xavi and the DM (busquets or touré) in midfield from the start of matches if needs be. He is not a flashy player...he more than lives up to his nickname iceman. He is cool as a cucumber, gets the job done, and no fuss.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

And not a bad first touch. Considering his type of players are mostly kick and run...

maz

I walk the line

He's always been technically gifted. I loved him from his chelsea days when he had that excellent partnership with jimmy floyd hasselbaink. Like u say, his first touch is very good and he always brings other players into the game. I remember those one-two's he used to play with hasselbaink..those were the days!

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife

Agreed with above. He has everything except speed. But then again neither of our midfielder is very fast.

IraqiCulé

Eidur compilation:

I remember his winning goal vs. Celta like it was yesterday...

[YOUTUBE]1CBQbwD-Lug[/YOUTUBE]

M.L. King

The Preacher
You gotta love him; I grew fond of him in the midst of all the transfer talk when he brushed all the media slander off and decided to fight for the spot in the Barca team against all the odds that were pointing against him.

Barca_Ray_USA

Agreed M.L. King. Odds were slim for him then but he proved he`s a fighter.

Eidur will be celebrating his 100th match in Barca shirt tonight!

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Congrats for his 100th Barca match!
Another solid performance by him IMO. I am really satisfied with him.

Home of Barca Fans