Mohamed Salah

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Salah has used personal friend that his agent has no connection with, even if it is based on agent advice it means he is on board with him. A quick reminder is Salah one of the player who has no agent but a lawyer that represent him exclusively too (a new trend among star players) so those type of representative are really close and every move is made with both parties understanding.
The inside info is basic, Salah is insisting to get paid like a star considering he has been paid less than most star players of his generation, Liverpool American owners don't see it. Both parties are leaking stuff to the media, even that the owners prefer to let him leave for free in 2023 over giving him new contract to be paid highly (he will be 31 at the end of his contract)

Liverpool backbone are from players born between 1991 and 1993 (VVD,Matip, Fabinho Thiago, Salah, Mane, Firmino) with Henderson and Milner being older than that, they are like Barca in 2017, old squad that is still capable of winning.

In public, both parties are saying the right things, Salah is popular and there will be a serious hit back if he leaves, especially how popular he is globally (In Africa, middle east and Islamic world) and the owners knows that, Salah himself knows he build his legacy there and it is better to stay there and continue to make legacy their, but money talks and even Messi left when the club couldn't pay.
I still think he is favorable to stay, at 60-67% or something, but the chances of him leaving is also serious and I bet every big club is monitoring the situation.
Salah will be the perfect new poster boy for the Qatari btw, can see them going after him if Mpabbe leaves.

You know much more about that part of the world than I do but wouldn't an Egyptian playing for a Qatari club bring with it a lot of political headaches? True PSG are one of two or three who could realistically sign him, but due to the political geography of those two countries I can't see Salah going to PSG.

I actually think he's already signed the new contract or is extremely close to doing so, but I've nothing substantial to back that up just what a couple of people have told me.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
You know much more about that part of the world than I do but wouldn't an Egyptian playing for a Qatari club bring with it a lot of political headaches? True PSG are one of two or three who could realistically sign him, but due to the political geography of those two countries I can't see Salah going to PSG.

I actually think he's already signed the new contract or is extremely close to doing so, but I've nothing substantial to back that up just what a couple of people have told me.

I don't see him going to psg, but it's not due to anything political...
That reasonaining is actually absurd.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
You have a greater understanding of Egyptian-Qatari relations than I do then..........

If you believe it isn't so, please enlighten me as to why an Egyptian player would care about what his countrys 2 faced illegitimate "governments" political affiliations with the most murderous hypocritical regime would prevent him from signing for a club that will allow him to challenge for major honours while paying him extremely well.

khaled_a_d

1 year ago it was impossible, now things are far better. Still some bad blood but nothing to shove on the people as it used to be

Barcilliant

If we had our finances in order he would have been the perfect Messi replacement. Obviously nowhere near as talented but his work rate, skill, physical abilities and professionalism make him a great player.
I saw his talent back when he was playing for Basel and knew he would make it big.

Jadentheman

Salah got 2022 next IMO unless Messi wins the CL/WC. But Messi deserves this year. Poor Neymar though. This is his benchmark

El Gato

Villarato!
Salah won't and shouldn't get it this year.

If wins AFCON and holds the form to help Liverpool win the title, no complaints and would be very keen to see how performances would translate to Qatar WC next winter should Egypt make it there.

Morten

Salah won't and shouldn't get it this year.

If wins AFCON and holds the form to help Liverpool win the title, no complaints and would be very keen to see how performances would translate to Qatar WC next winter should Egypt make it there.

And this is why Ballon Dor is so retarded, it should end at the end of the season, not calendar year.

Home of Barca Fans