Iran

Djab

The Iran national football team (Persian: تیم ملی فوتبال ایران‎) represents Iran in international football competitions and is controlled by the Football Federation Islamic Republic of Iran. The national football team of Iran, known as the Team Melli, ranks 2nd in Asia and 49th in the world according to the last FIFA World Rankings.
I think we should be rated higher than most people think.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I am excited for them in this world cup. I hope they qualify to the round of 16, that would be a pleasure.

King Leo

Banned
To fellow Iranian Cules a quick question: are women legally allowed in Iran to attend matches? and if yes are they seated in their own area or is it ok to sit along men?

I read that FIFA might consider to let Iran co-host the WC with Qatar as incentive to the ongoing Geneva talks and was wondering about this point. I know alcohol is forbidden in both Qatar and Iran so I'm not sure what the Ayatollah will say about that.

thx

Djab

To fellow Iranian Cules a quick question: are women legally allowed in Iran to attend matches? and if yes are they seated in their own area or is it ok to sit along men?

I read that FIFA might consider to let Iran co-host the WC with Qatar as incentive to the ongoing Geneva talks and was wondering about this point. I know alcohol is forbidden in both Qatar and Iran so I'm not sure what the Ayatollah will say about that.

thx
In Iran in every aspect government has forbidden women from doing such things.
This is why Iran can not host anything in the near future
It's a law and they say they have a reason. They say women can't attend matches because men may say abusive words !!!!!!!!

hamidyk

The Iran national football team (Persian: تیم ملی فوتبال ایران‎) represents Iran in international football competitions and is controlled by the Football Federation Islamic Republic of Iran. The national football team of Iran, known as the Team Melli, ranks 2nd in Asia and 49th in the world according to the last FIFA World Rankings.
I think we should be rated higher than most people think.
I am iranian and i don't think so. iran play bad recently.(خداییش شانسی رفتیم جام جهانی دیگه :))

amircule

We fought until the very end , we scored the 3-3 at min 119 ! THAT fucking ref knocked us out of the tournament , Iraq war never our size ( though they deserve HUGE respect).
Also , Queiroz is very , very popular here in Iran. He has given us some sort of identity , he has made real fighters out of our players . Absolutely love him .

Windhook

There are rumours of the legendary Ali Daei being sentenced to death, even executed, for his involvement with the recent protests in Iran.

Also would be interesting to see the reaction of Iranian NT players during the WC tournament

Home of Barca Fans