Getafe Club de Futbol

serghei

Espanyol almost rested their entire starters and fielded their bench players pretty much today against the Wolves. Smart decision for them to give up on the EL and focus on the relegation battle.

How is it smart? It's disrespectful as hell. Feckers should just decline to participate in EL next time, and leave other teams to do it. Getafe are in a tough fight for CL places and went all in vs Ajax.

Messi983

Thanks, doesn't look like we have a buy-back then.

We don't have a buy-back but with keeping 40% of his rights we could relatively easy negotiate to get him back if we'd want. Don't think we will though. Cucu was one of my favourite Barça B player and I'm happy to see him doing well but I think he'll maybe make it to a club like Sevilla/Valencia in the future but don't think he's good enough for a top club.

I also don't know where he would play in our system. He's not good enough defensively to play as a LB in 4-3-3 and on the other hand lacks something to be a good winger. Maybe he could work as a wing-back in a 3-5-2 but he's the best suited as a LM in 4-4-2 (with quite a lot of offensive freedom) which he plays in Getafe and also did last year at Eibar. A problem for him is that not many clubs are playing 4-4-2 nowadays though.

JamDav1982

He plays as LW in a system that is all about getting ball forward as quickly as possible to strikers and if wide get the crosses in

Does it well and fits the Getafe defensive side as he is hard working and aggressive.

Difficult to tell how he would fit in at LB for Barca and that 40% sell on probably more of a plus than a low buy back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How is it smart? It's disrespectful as hell. Feckers should just decline to participate in EL next time, and leave other teams to do it. Getafe are in a tough fight for CL places and went all in vs Ajax.

Smart because they will play against Valladolid away in two days and they need to get as many points as they can from that game to fight to stay up. Disrespectful? I don’t think the Wolves would have a problem with that. Teams do that, including us, we had rested players before crucial games.

How can Getafe be compared to Espanyol? Losing the CL spot is far less detrimental to a club than relegation.

serghei

Smart because they will play against Valladolid away in two days and they need to get as many points as they can from that game to fight to stay up. Disrespectful? I don’t think the Wolves would have a problem with that. Teams do that, including us, we had rested players before crucial games.

How can Getafe be compared to Espanyol? Losing the CL spot is far less detrimental to a club than relegation.

They will probably finish about 7-8 points above relegation teams.

Messi983

Looks like Bordalas is considering leaving Getafe as he wants a new challenge in either Serie A or PL. No surprise imo, he has gotten everything out of this team.

Getafe plans to rejuvenate their team as well. Enes Unal is close to join from Villarreal while Victor Mollejo should come on loan from Atletico. They're also looking at RM players Brahim and Oscar Rodriguez.

Messi983

Ramon Planes is returning to Getafe as a new general director of the club. He was already their SD between 2017-18 before joining Barca.

Messi983

Planes already doing some work it seems.

Domingos Duarte joining Getafe from Granada for around 1m. Very good signing imo.

Home of Barca Fans