Getafe Club de Futbol

Corruption

3013gqa.png

Owner : Ángel Torres
Manager : Luis García Plaza
Ground : Coliseum Alfonso Pérez,
Capacity : 17,700

Getafe Club de Fútbol is a Spanish La Liga football club based in Getafe, a city in the Madrid metropolitan area, founded in 1946 and refounded in 1983.

Historically, due to their close geographical position, Getafe has always held a strong rivalry with Leganés. They played out numerous encounters in the lower division, before the two teams fortunes began to contrast as Getafe gained ascendency and Leganés began to deteriorate.
In the first division, the side has held some tremendous matches in the last few years with Real Madrid, with the ledger being most recently squared at 3 wins each. Real Madrid's greater stature, budget and squad has never stopped Getafe from often playing their best football against their "bigger brother". Getafe and Atlético Madrid joined together in rivalry with Real Madrid.
In addition to this, Getafe has developed somewhat of a rivalry with Barcelona, which culminated in their famous 4–0 victory over their more fancied opponents during the 2006–07 Copa del Rey semi-final.
2gsqzhy.jpg

Their current squad :

1 Spain GK Miguel Ángel Moyà
2 Spain DF Alexis Ruano
3 Spain DF Roberto Lago
4 Argentina DF Lisandro López (on loan from Benfica)
5 Algeria MF Medhi Lacen
6 Spain DF Alberto Lopo
7 Spain MF Ángel Lafita
8 Spain MF Pablo Sarabia
9 Romania FW Ciprian Marica
10 Spain MF Jaime Gavilán (captain)
11 Spain FW Adrián Colunga
12 Spain DF Álvaro Arroyo
13 Spain GK Jordi Codina
14 Spain MF Pedro León
15 Spain DF Rafa
17 Spain MF Diego Castro
18 Spain DF Sergio Escudero
20 Spain DF Juan Valera
21 Spain MF Míchel
22 Spain MF Juan Rodríguez
23 Spain MF Borja Fernández
24 Spain MF Pedro Mosquera

After 11 games Getafe is currently sitting at fifth place 1 point behind Villarreal.Im amazed they are doing so well, so i opened a topic for them.

Will their superb run continue or will they fall ? Today they beat Villarreal at El Madrigal by 2 goals.

Last edited:

Galning

Such a disgraceful performance from this bunch. Reminded me a lot of Real Madrid.

They should've seen two red cards after those Pepe-moments against Busquets & Pedro. If they are going to play like this in both games of the Copa del Rey we're in for a treat. Their pitch was shite as well.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Quique Sanchez Flores resigns as Getafe coach, less than 2 months after taking over at the club.

El Flaco

Getafe president (Ángel Torres) had an interview with Cope and recalled the Halloween incident last year when the visitors' dressing room were trashed.

On the expected pre-match directors lunch Saturday

I think that they disrespected us and I won't be attending the customary club lunch on Saturday

On Barca and its players' attitude

No one from Barcelona called me to apologise for what happened. I will always defend my club and I will not allow anyone to walk all over us - for however big F.C. Barcelona think they are

On Piqué's version of the incident

Piqué behaved badly; everything which Barça did on the night of Halloween got out of hand

http://en.as.com/en/2016/03/10/football/1457611529_808188.html

F

Flavia

Except that was staged, and the pics proved this. He has some nerve to still blame the players.

Andrew M

I've been hoping that they would go down for like 10 years, and finally it happens! No more having to watch us play at their shitty (usually empty) ground.

Hopefully they have a nice long spell in the segunda, or preferably lower

khaled_a_d

I enjoyed them back when they were decent good team few years back .but it has been sometime since they have actually been good .so won't be missed

Messi983

Juan Eduardo Esnaider is staying Getafe's coach in Segunda. President Angel Torres is saying they have a two year plan to come back to La Liga. Hopefully it will take a lot longer.

Barça campeon, Getafe Segunda Division!

It happened. :rockon:

Home of Barca Fans