Agreement between FC Barcelona and Qatar Airways

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I lol'd :lol:

Or we could just play our CL game against Man C there...

I mean it's insane, right?...Wasn't it Rosell complaining about Laporta's friendly in Uzbekistan?...How is that not equally as revolting, if not more in light of what is going on in Qatar?...Feels like we're heading to play in Nazi Germany or Apartheid South Africa, not to mention at a bad time in the season

F

Flavia

FC Barcelona postpone game in Doha

www.fcbarcelona.cat
01/17/2014 12:15

The friendly, originally scheduled for late February, has been postponed because the date is the only chance the players will get to rest in an extraordinarily tight schedule at a crucial stage of the season

Futbol Club Barcelona (FCB) and Qatar Sports Investment (QSI) have decided to postpone the game Barça were due to play in Doha in February as part of the sponsorship agreement binding the two parties.
The reason is the first team’s hectic schedule of matches over the next two months, with two games a week in three different competitions. The week of the trip to Qatar is the only chance for the players to get some much needed rest.
The QSI executive understood the club’s decision, as communicated by FCB vice-president Javier Faus while visiting Doha on January 7 and 8.
FC Barcelona will instead be playing in the Qatari city either at the end of this season or in the build-up to the next.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD claim the February 24th friendly in Qatar has been postponed, no details about when it would be rescheduled...Wonder if this was the plan all along or the club bowed to internal/external pressure about it's timing, if nothing else?

Nice, Flavia...You probably read it about the same time I did :beer2:

F

Flavia

Those friendlies mid-seson were a stupid idea. Glad they postponed to the end of the season/start of the next.

Now, MD is saying the qataris offered 350 millions in 30 years(11.6 mi per year), to change the Camp Nou name to "Qatar Camp Nou Stadium"...

Galning

Others have offered a lot more than 11/season, no? Also signing a 30 year contract would be ridiculous as the value of money goes down over the years. Just look at the prices of players now and 10 years ago. By 2040 10M will be peanuts for the top clubs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to Xavi Campos of Catalunya Radio, the club might drop shirt sponsors from 2016(When this deal runs out). The economic viability of such a move is being studied.

I

instinct

According to Xavi Campos of Catalunya Radio, the club might drop shirt sponsors from 2016(When this deal runs out). The economic viability of such a move is being studied.

727ew5.jpg

footyfan

Calma, calma

Would you rather the current board actually take this decision and stay on for another term after 2016 or a new board comes in but keeps shirt sponsors?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would you rather the current board actually take this decision and stay on for another term after 2016 or a new board comes in but keeps shirt sponsors?

For me the answer is easy,

New board.

The amount of shit the current board have done and messed up is too much to ignore even if they take that decision, I would not want them to stay at all, even if it would mean to have a shirt sponsor for more years.

XaviMessiGirl

I would love to see no sponsors again, or even just going back to UNICEF. Roma and Palermo don't have sponsors this season for example and I envy how great their kits look.

Home of Barca Fans