User Tag List

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
Results 1,456 to 1,463 of 1463

Thread: Zinedine Zidane

  1. #1456
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City is taken.
    Liverpool is taken.
    Chelsea is taken.
    United is presently taken but?
    Arsenal is taken, but much to do and not much money to do it with.
    Everton is available, but I doubt it.
    Spurs is available, but I doubt it.

    So if ZZ goes to EPL, Utd?

  2. #1457
    You're welcome
    Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Hot Latinas
    Posts
    12,434
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
    Patting yourself on the back I see. And for somehow making it seem like being two-faced isn't what you're supposed to do for the good of the team to avoid unnecessary questions.
    Quoted myself as a response to Mateka's post which included a paragraph which has now been deleted which seemed as a statement of Zidane about the press.

    Anyway, my issue with Zidane has always been that him being extremely risk-aversive in how he acts ands what he says has always been misread as one being a "gentleman". He is just scared af to discuss football. He started to loosen up a bit more as he knew he would likely lose his job when he was complaining to ref about a valid penalty in the game against Sevilla. Don't do that please....when you want public to believe you always look inward and at team for bad results.
    Last edited by Horatio; 1st June 2021 at 07:50 PM.

  3. #1458
    Villarato!
    El Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolfe's Den
    Posts
    11,402
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Tokelau
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Anyway, my issue with Zidane has always been that him being extremely risk-aversive in how he acts ands what he says has always been misread as one being a "gentleman". He is just scared af to discuss football. He started to loosen up a bit more as he knew he would likely lose his job when he was complaining to ref about a valid penalty in the game against Sevilla. Don't do that please....when you want public to believe you always look inward and at team for bad results.
    Don't think he's scared to discuss football. If he were, he'd not be a coach. He just doesn't feel the need to explain himself to an audience at large. Probably comes with experience of having been a cult hero for so long. He's never been mouthy or erudite with the press. Nothing good comes with discussing these matters with people who don't really play football at all.

    He's a 'gentleman' in the sense that he knows how to preserve an image of decency whenever most exposed. Probably learned to control himself like that also based on how much publicity he got for his on-pitch outbursts.

    No less classy in his statements. However much people try to read in between the lines and catch him out.
    Some are boring, some are not.

  4. #1459
    Senior Member
    snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Uncharted Extreme Northern Zanzibar
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Virgin Islands
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateka View Post
    City is taken.
    Liverpool is taken.
    Chelsea is taken.
    United is presently taken but?
    Arsenal is taken, but much to do and not much money to do it with.
    Everton is available, but I doubt it.
    Spurs is available, but I doubt it.

    So if ZZ goes to EPL, Utd?
    I'm thinking one of ManU or PSG. I was hoping he'd join Barca but his last letter made it impossible. Unless he claims his email was hacked or typewriter stolen... if he's old school

    The best club for a coach to make his mark would be BVB atm. Super talented attacking squad. They'll probably sign CBs this mercato. And if wins there, it would be a gamechanger. First CL for BVB right?

    @Horatio, Zidane's always been the quiet type. It's not an act. If he were 2 faced, he wouldn't have said he doesn't wanna give Barca the Guard of Honor... remember?

    As for the pressers, I dunno... I might be just projecting here, but if the jornos keep asking me the same boring, stupid questions, I'd just give them the vaguest unrelated answers #SupportNaomi

    Also, why reveal your tactics publicly? best keep mum #SunTzuWiseOldGoat

  5. #1460
    You're welcome
    Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Hot Latinas
    Posts
    12,434
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Vatican
    @snowy

    I think a big reason for him not complaining (even though he did) is because he was rarely under pressure. It is easy to fault yourself and the team all the time coming off of a 3-CL win streak knowing you have built a lot of credit.

  6. #1461
    Senior Member
    snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Uncharted Extreme Northern Zanzibar
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Virgin Islands
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    @snowy

    I think a big reason for him not complaining (even though he did) is because he was rarely under pressure. It is easy to fault yourself and the team all the time coming off of a 3-CL win streak knowing you have built a lot of credit.
    You only say that because he is not your Ottoman-Dutch Republiek brethren.

    I know it's not the movie thread but you're gonna love this one


  7. #1462
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,643
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazario1985 View Post
    Or maybe you say the opposite because of that too ?

    Saying Zidane is not top 3 is delusion at it best, While sucking the cool aid out of frauds.
    It was a joke, related to an argument another poster used

  8. #1463
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Quoted myself as a response to Mateka's post which included a paragraph which has now been deleted which seemed as a statement of Zidane about the press.

    Anyway, my issue with Zidane has always been that him being extremely risk-aversive in how he acts ands what he says has always been misread as one being a "gentleman". He is just scared af to discuss football. He started to loosen up a bit more as he knew he would likely lose his job when he was complaining to ref about a valid penalty in the game against Sevilla. Don't do that please....when you want public to believe you always look inward and at team for bad results.
    Apologies for deleting Zidane quote, but I had posted incorrectly and it was not highlighted in red.

Tags for this Thread