Zinedine Zidane

El Gato

Villarato!
First conference of his where it's becoming mildly clear he's going to be sacked this summer if things don't improve, if not sooner.

vinni

First conference of his where it's becoming mildly clear he's going to be sacked this summer if things don't improve, if not sooner.

Do you think RM will wait to the summer or will they sack Zidane next time you guys get a painful result?
Imo, It seems insane to sack someone in February. Look at the shit show at Barcelona last year.
If i remember correctly, it went pretty bad for RM last time they changed a coach too midseason. Lopetegui for Solari.

El Gato

Villarato!
Do you think RM will wait to the summer or will they sack Zidane next time you guys get a painful result?
Imo, It seems insane to sack someone in February. Look at the shit show at Barcelona last year.
If i remember correctly, it went pretty bad for RM last time they changed a coach too midseason. Lopetegui for Solari.

It only ever comes as a consequence of big result anyway and Perez ain't one to sack if no alternative.

Solari did very well by comparison.
Edit: and no, he's coaching in Mexico so a no go

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Has recently been more open with his complaints about fixtures and injuries. Getting ever closer to admitting he's not likely staying beyond the summer too. Even today said 'we'll see'.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why I never really liked Zidane. The calm gentleman attitude towards media has always merely been an act, and he is starting to drop it now.

Last edited:

Richard.H

France NT or Juventus, where's he headed next?

I don't see Juventus sacking Pirlo, even if he loses Serie A. France NT is already a well oiled machine with Deschamps so not sure why they would replace him.

I could see him just taking a sabbatical after RM and wait until a spot opens up in a big club (ala Pep).

Horatio

You're welcome
Like everyone tbh.

Nahh.. Most coaches have complained about fixtures and other stuff since beginning of ages. Zidane only started more recent because he thought himself better and probably because of his CL results thought he could get away with blaming bad results on team and himself. Now that he's under more pressure he shows his true colors and complaints about usual stuff like all coaches. Two-faced. Only problem for him is he could never start complaining about VAR because he has criticized others for complaining about VAR. This guy seems too aware of the camera's pointed at him and too afraid to say anything mildly controversial. Probably trying to avoid any confrontations and fears he will get challenged to a battle of tactical football knowledge knowing he will lose.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Enjoying the 3-5-2. For however long it's meant to last (and it's not here to stay anyway obviously)

If he has the balls, he'll refrain from 4-3-3 until some of the wide players or a #10 get on the scoresheet more often. Wingers also proving they do better when playing closer to the centre for the time being.

Andresito

Staff member
Enjoying the 3-5-2. For however long it's meant to last (and it's not here to stay anyway obviously)

If he has the balls, he'll refrain from 4-3-3 until some of the wide players or a #10 get on the scoresheet more often. Wingers also proving they do better when playing closer to the centre for the time being.

Copycat. :koeman:

Home of Barca Fans