Zinedine Zidane

Mateka

City is taken.
Liverpool is taken.
Chelsea is taken.
United is presently taken but?
Arsenal is taken, but much to do and not much money to do it with.
Everton is available, but I doubt it.
Spurs is available, but I doubt it.

So if ZZ goes to EPL, Utd?

Horatio

You're welcome
Patting yourself on the back I see. And for somehow making it seem like being two-faced isn't what you're supposed to do for the good of the team to avoid unnecessary questions.

Quoted myself as a response to Mateka's post which included a paragraph which has now been deleted which seemed as a statement of Zidane about the press.

Anyway, my issue with Zidane has always been that him being extremely risk-aversive in how he acts ands what he says has always been misread as one being a "gentleman". He is just scared af to discuss football. He started to loosen up a bit more as he knew he would likely lose his job when he was complaining to ref about a valid penalty in the game against Sevilla. Don't do that please....when you want public to believe you always look inward and at team for bad results.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Anyway, my issue with Zidane has always been that him being extremely risk-aversive in how he acts ands what he says has always been misread as one being a "gentleman". He is just scared af to discuss football. He started to loosen up a bit more as he knew he would likely lose his job when he was complaining to ref about a valid penalty in the game against Sevilla. Don't do that please....when you want public to believe you always look inward and at team for bad results.

Don't think he's scared to discuss football. If he were, he'd not be a coach. He just doesn't feel the need to explain himself to an audience at large. Probably comes with experience of having been a cult hero for so long. He's never been mouthy or erudite with the press. Nothing good comes with discussing these matters with people who don't really play football at all.

He's a 'gentleman' in the sense that he knows how to preserve an image of decency whenever most exposed. Probably learned to control himself like that also based on how much publicity he got for his on-pitch outbursts.

No less classy in his statements. However much people try to read in between the lines and catch him out.

snowy

City is taken.
Liverpool is taken.
Chelsea is taken.
United is presently taken but?
Arsenal is taken, but much to do and not much money to do it with.
Everton is available, but I doubt it.
Spurs is available, but I doubt it.

So if ZZ goes to EPL, Utd?

I'm thinking one of ManU or PSG. I was hoping he'd join Barca but his last letter made it impossible. Unless he claims his email was hacked or typewriter stolen... if he's old school

The best club for a coach to make his mark would be BVB atm. Super talented attacking squad. They'll probably sign CBs this mercato. And if wins there, it would be a gamechanger. First CL for BVB right?
[MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION], Zidane's always been the quiet type. It's not an act. If he were 2 faced, he wouldn't have said he doesn't wanna give Barca the Guard of Honor... remember?

As for the pressers, I dunno... I might be just projecting here, but if the jornos keep asking me the same boring, stupid questions, I'd just give them the vaguest unrelated answers #SupportNaomi

Also, why reveal your tactics publicly? best keep mum #SunTzuWiseOldGoat :lol:

Horatio

You're welcome
[MENTION=21486]snowy[/MENTION]

I think a big reason for him not complaining (even though he did) is because he was rarely under pressure. It is easy to fault yourself and the team all the time coming off of a 3-CL win streak knowing you have built a lot of credit.

snowy

[MENTION=21486]snowy[/MENTION]

I think a big reason for him not complaining (even though he did) is because he was rarely under pressure. It is easy to fault yourself and the team all the time coming off of a 3-CL win streak knowing you have built a lot of credit.

You only say that because he is not your Ottoman-Dutch Republiek brethren. :whistle:

I know it's not the movie thread but you're gonna love this one

Mateka

Quoted myself as a response to Mateka's post which included a paragraph which has now been deleted which seemed as a statement of Zidane about the press.

Apologies for deleting Zidane quote, but I had posted incorrectly and it was not highlighted in red.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Damn right. The man is perfect for that job right now.

It's like when Zidane took over at Real. The France squad is filled with stars. They only need someone that has the respect of the whole lockeroom.

C'mon Malvi, same team didnt win any title in previous season and was crap under benitez and then zidane comes and wins 3 CL's in 2.5 years. He isnt the best tactican but he was as important as his players for Real.

Birdy

France Federation decides to keep faith in Deschamps.

How stupid!
Bad for France NT of course,
but bad for Zidane as well..
I don't think he can find a club job soon that would suit him.
PSG is the ideal destination, but Poch ain't leaving before 2023

Morten

France Federation decides to keep faith in Deschamps.

How stupid!
Bad for France NT of course,
but bad for Zidane as well..
I don't think he can find a club job soon that would suit him.
PSG is the ideal destination, but Poch ain't leaving before 2023

Like its his decision to make, lost the league to Lille already, a poor first half to this season and he is out already.

Birdy

Like its his decision to make, lost the league to Lille already, a poor first half to this season and he is out already.

You think there is any chance he will lose the league again?
With all that cash-splashing to strengthen the squad?

Easy domestic double IMO, and at least a semi-final again in CL (unless PSG is drawn against the super-team of next season in an earlier round)

Home of Barca Fans