Zinedine Zidane

serghei

Elite, no doubt in my mind.
Even if he doesn't win a thing this year, he has done well with that team.

Same. Honestly, outside of Guardiola, and Klopp, I don't think any manager has a case to be considered better than Zidane. He's top 3 in my book.

FinBarcelonafan

Longevity on his side too. It's amazing what he is able to do with Madrid, because they haven't bought big-name players fro years who actually played (Hazard).

Richard.H

Longevity on his side too. It's amazing what he is able to do with Madrid, because they haven't bought big-name players fro years who actually played (Hazard).

Relying on Kroos-Modric-Casemiro since 2013 :tata: amazing when you think about it. Its surpassing the longevity of Xavi-Busi-Iniesta

Barcilliant

He is an elite manager. I have said before that Zidane the player will always outshine Zidane the manager. People basically want to remember him as the great player, not the great manager for some reason.
He keeps things simple, commands respect and knows how to motivate his players.
There have been so many times when the team have been in trouble and he's pulled them out of it. Lopetegui and Solari had no clue how to do it.
I give him credit for that. Hope he leaves though. He has been a thorn in our side.

El Gato

Villarato!
Relying on Kroos-Modric-Casemiro since 2013 :tata: amazing when you think about it. Its surpassing the longevity of Xavi-Busi-Iniesta

Trio didn't come together till 2016

I am convinced he's very flawed. Probably good enough to sustain a regular challenge but not good enough to think of his teams as solid contenders. Continues to drop points where shouldn't be dropped and that's from his mistakes as manager a lot of the time.

[MENTION=1838]Barcilliant[/MENTION]
Solari was fine and done very well.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I'd prefer to still have 41 year old Xavi and 37 year old Iniesta in yesterdays game tbchwy.
At least both could've played for a couple of years more than they did, they both left too early, as did Alves (which we got more obvious evidence for)

Bobo32

He is an elite manager. I have said before that Zidane the player will always outshine Zidane the manager. People basically want to remember him as the great player, not the great manager for some reason.
He keeps things simple, commands respect and knows how to motivate his players.
There have been so many times when the team have been in trouble and he's pulled them out of it. Lopetegui and Solari had no clue how to do it.
I give him credit for that. Hope he leaves though. He has been a thorn in our side.

I have little insight into what Zidane does as a manager, but I am starting to be more impressed by him there than as a player.
He looks to be very elegant and calm, focusing on the big picture and then making the correct little tweak most of the time.

Morten

Zidane : I wont talk about the super league, not going to give you my opinion.

Pretty much what I've expected from.

Home of Barca Fans