Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Galning

Barcaforum anno 2013, where Aubameyang scoring a brace can turn into bashing our scouting system yet again in under 2 posts.

DennyCrane

Its not that simple as Barcelonas scouting paling in comparison, they are not scouting the same type of players.

It seems clear that Barcelona dont try too much and scout up and coming players as they should be coming from La Masia and they dont want to prevent the development of those players.

They are going after established star players and the rest from the youth set up.

That's pretty much it. Also, Dortmund made a virtue out of a necessity. I remember an interview with Sven Mislintat (their chief scout) clearly stating that when the richer clubs enter negotiations it's game over for Dortmund - which as a consequence means that they need to be one step ahead.

And many of Dortmunds signings are gambles too. Some turn out positive like Auba, Lewa, Kuba you name it; others don't like Kirch, Löwe, Schieber or Bittencourt for example. On average they operated the market relatively well over the past few years but that is no reason to hype their scouting department out of proportion.

Paganinisrvnge

Barcaforum anno 2013, where Aubameyang scoring a brace can turn into bashing our scouting system yet again in under 2 posts.

Have we made a single signing for less than 20 million euros in the past 3 years that turned out to be pretty good? I can think maybe Adriano and he's hurt 40% of the season.

Paganinisrvnge

Mascherano, Song, Alba, Afellay.

I'll give you Mascherano but that was 3 summers ago. Afellay never played that much and got loaned although I'll always remember his assist to Messi in the champions league Vs madrid. Song is good but not that good. Alba was a great signing but it made the defensive situation even worse since he's too attacking and 2 attacking fullbacks leaves the CBs exposed.

barcanuck

BUMMMPPP!
1,c=0,w=650.bild.jpg

Another splendid game today in German Cup. Monster year in the making! Can't wait to see him on Bayern.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

BUMMMPPP!
1,c=0,w=650.bild.jpg

Another splendid game today in German Cup. Monster year in the making! Can't wait to see him on Bayern.

He and Mickey both. Seems like the tradition continues and BVB newcomers still take a year to adjust to Dortmund and Klopp's tactics.

barcanuck

You guys want work rate? This is your man. I want this guy on Barca in 2016 so bad. That speed and size combo is blazing.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah no thanks. Alexis is twice the player he is but still he did not do that great at barca. Only work rate is not enough. Plus we are not counter attacking team.

barcanuck

He's 6 foot 2 and runs faster than all our players. Forget Cuadrado, this guy is the real deal on the right wing. Is way more ready than Sandro, Deulo, Munir, etc. In my books the ideal replacement to Pedro and perfect super sub.

xavi_the_Boss

He's 6 foot 2 and runs faster than all our players. Forget Cuadrado, this guy is the real deal on the right wing. Is way more ready than Sandro, Deulo, Munir, etc. In my books the ideal replacement to Pedro and perfect super sub.

All These Players are younger then him lol.He is fast thats about it but i don´t see him as a upgrade to Pedro.

Home of Barca Fans