Youri Tielemans

Hellsangel

youri-tielemans(rsc-anderlecht)(1).jpg

Youri Tielemans, Belgium

Club: RSC Anderlecht (joined the youth setup at age 5)
Date of birth: 07-05-1997 :worthy:
Cultured midfielder
176 cm, 72 kg

This kid made his debut for Anderlecht yesterday after coming on for an injured player in the first half. Tielemans generally played amazing, especially considering he only just turned 16! Junior coaches at the club describe him as a talent of the very highest order and already compare him to Axel Witsel or Mousa Dembele but it seems Youri has a far better range of passing.

This video shows how he did. Watch and enjoy:

Last edited:
L

Learo

Whenever a 16 year old is called a monster and top talent in the same sentence, 99% of the time, he will be forgotten within 5 years. Top talents are talents that do not in any way rely on their size, strength or pace as teenagers.

Last edited:

El Barcelona

Whenever a 16 year old is called a monster and top talent in the same sentence, 99% of the time, he will be forgotten within 5 years. Top talents are talents that do not in any way rely on their size or strength as teenagers.
Remember his name and we talk again ;) I can tell you that he is a top talent.

Hellsangel

Whenever a 16 year old is called a monster and top talent in the same sentence, 99% of the time, he will be forgotten within 5 years. Top talents are talents that do not in any way rely on their size, strength or pace as teenagers.

I suggest you watch the video I posted then ;)

Ghost

I agree.
He looks very promising, but yeah, no need to get your hopes up.

Best of luck to him. :)

L

Learo

Didn't Adu depend on his physical attributes more than this guy?
I saw the game live and I can assure you that this guy doesn't need his physicality to succeed, he's got a great technique and impressive distribution skills.

Not really. Freddy Adu was hyped up immensely and his dribbling was compared to Pele.
If this Belgian chap was as weak and slow as regular 16 year olds, he would never have been where he is.

El Barcelona

I can tell you that the belgium national youth team is promising. They are all playing in europe top teams. Finally we got hope on europe succes after 8 years of terrible results.

Hellsangel

Not really. Freddy Adu was hyped up immensely and his dribbling was compared to Pele.
If this Belgian chap was as weak and slow as regular 16 year olds, he would never have been where he is.

Well, I'm willing to make a wager with you where I say that he won't be forgotten in 5 years time. I'll go further as to say that he'll have played for the Belgian national team by then. Given our current players, that's saying quite a bit :)

L

Learo

Well, I'm willing to make a wager with you where I say that he won't be forgotten in 5 years time. I'll go further as to say that he'll have played for the Belgian national team by then. Given our current players, that's saying quite a bit :)

I do agree with you that Belgium have a spectacular NT at the moment, but this chap will be forgotten by international fans by that time. He might get a couple of appearances for the NT in the meantime when the hype is reaching epic proportions, but my bet is that he will slug it out in the Dutch 2nd division for AGOVV Apeldoorn in 5 years time.

Last edited:

Galning

Hype? What hype? The guy made his debut this weekend because Klejstan (sp?) tore his ear. Nobody is hyping him, even after one game the papers can't do that :lol: let alone international press. Nobody is talking about this kid.
He had a great game though, 16 years old, siiick.

L

Learo

Hype? What hype? The guy made his debut this weekend because Klejstan (sp?) tore his ear. Nobody is hyping him, even after one game the papers can't do that :lol: let alone international press. Nobody is talking about this kid.
He had a great game though, 16 years old, siiick.

You misunderstood. When the hype starts to reach epic proportions by media outlets, typical of the Freddy Adu or Haruna Babangida level, he will probably get a couple of NT appearances just by popular demand. I do think he will be forgotten in 5 years though, just as nobody remembers the new Pele we had in 15 year old Babangida.

Home of Barca Fans