Carlo Ancelotti

JamDav1982

I doubt we will have to wait that long. I think the point this guy just won't accept is the fans don't want to watch possession based football. They want to get back to aggressive fast football like what we played when we were one of the best clubs in Europe. We've tried the modern Barca way and frankly unless you have Iniesta it just doesn't work.

Couldnt care less what the Everton fans want or if they want Potter or not. So nothing to 'accept'.

Yet another strawman.. quite your speciality.

El Gato

Villarato!
Spotted a gif of jamdav in a heated debate

giphy.gif

Adversus

Couldnt care less what the Everton fans want or if they want Potter or not. So nothing to 'accept'.

Yet another strawman.. quite your speciality.
How is it a straw man you idiot.

You are saying Everton should hire Potter and then went on to list his "achievements" when the reality is you have just read a few articles and watched a couple of games or even just highlights of his Brighton team and how they play progressive football and think because every club should do the same they should go for him. It's less about the man but rather that he's another in a long line of managers who play this way being hipster's choice.

What I am trying to say to you these managers come and go all the time and normally they end up being disasters for the clubs who hire them.

That and also at Everton a club I know it will be doubly hard. Roberto Martinez won us our highest premier league points total in our history and in the following season around Christmas when we were ahead 3-0 against QPR at home the fans booed the team because they were fed up with all the passing around back.

Look from what I have seen of Potter. I like the football his team plays. I personally found the abuse Martinez got and still does really distasteful and hold Martinez in high regard but a manager like him just isn't going to succeed at Everton. The one thing you can't replace is the fans.

JamDav1982

How is it a straw man you idiot.

You are saying Everton should hire Potter and then went on to list his "achievements" when the reality is you have just read a few articles and watched a couple of games or even just highlights of his Brighton team and how they play progressive football and think because every club should do the same they should go for him. It's less about the man but rather that he's another in a long line of managers who play this way being hipster's choice.

What I am trying to say to you these managers come and go all the time and normally they end up being disasters for the clubs who hire them.

That and also at Everton a club I know it will be doubly hard. Roberto Martinez won us our highest premier league points total in our history and in the following season around Christmas when we were ahead 3-0 against QPR at home the fans booed the team because they were fed up with all the passing around back.

Look from what I have seen of Potter. I like the football his team plays. I personally found the abuse Martinez got and still does really distasteful and hold Martinez in high regard but a manager like him just isn't going to succeed at Everton. The one thing you can't replace is the fans.

Strawman shite again.

Show where I said Everton 'should' hire Potter you moron.

Nah known of him since Sweden so yet more nonsense.

Couldnt care less what Everton fans want or who they think they should go for.

Adversus

Potter all day long if choice of those two.

Dyche worked wonders at Burnley but not style that will attract the type of players Everton want.

You then went on to list his achievements and asked who I wanted. I think you made it pretty clear.

Plus and as I said your reason had nothing really to do with Potter but the style Potter plays. I'm saying when it comes to Everton that's faulty logic. Players aren't attracted to football teams because of the style they play. They are attracted mainly because they 1. Pay more than the other club and 2. Are a larger step up in their career in the hope they one day will play for one of the top clubs.

I don't think Dyche or Potter would help attracting anyone. Carlo Ancelotti barely helped to attract anyone.

It's looking like Spurs want Conte but don't like his demands and Galtier is their 2nd choice and Everton are now interested in Galtier if Conte goes to Spurs. Personally at least if Galtier comes he's got a proven record of winning the French league so that may be the right choice for us but who knows

JamDav1982

You then went on to list his achievements and asked who I wanted. I think you made it pretty clear.

Plus and as I said your reason had nothing really to do with Potter but the style Potter plays. I'm saying when it comes to Everton that's faulty logic. Players aren't attracted to football teams because of the style they play. They are attracted mainly because they 1. Pay more than the other club and 2. Are a larger step up in their career in the hope they one day will play for one of the top clubs.

I don't think Dyche or Potter would help attracting anyone. Carlo Ancelotti barely helped to attract anyone.

It's looking like Spurs want Conte but don't like his demands and Galtier is their 2nd choice and Everton are now interested in Galtier if Conte goes to Spurs. Personally at least if Galtier comes he's got a proven record of winning the French league so that may be the right choice for us but who knows

Nah you are wrong.

What in fact happened is I said if Everton had choice of Potter or Dyche should go for Potter between the two.

You chimed in trying to make out Potter is over rated hipster choice and I listed his achievement to show why dont think he is over rated.

Never once claimed should be Everton boss or if Everton fans 'should' want him

Pretty much you just coming out with moronic strawman arguments each step. Can read back and see it.

Tried you shitty argument from new angle of 'only ever couple articles and seen a few games' under Potter in previous response.

Couldnt care less who you want as Everton coach. You just make shit up to argue against.

Last edited:

Adversus

Nah you are wrong.

What in fact happened is I said if Everton had choice of Potter or Dyche should go for Potter between the two.

You chimed in trying to make out Potter is over rated hipster choice and I listed his achievement to show why dont think he is over rated.

Never once claimed should be Everton boss or if Everton fans 'should' want him

Pretty much you just coming out with moronic strawman arguments each step. Can read back and see it.

Tried you shitty argument from new angle of 'only ever couple articles and seen a few games' under Potter in previous response.

Couldnt care less who you want as Everton coach. You just make shit up to argue against.
There's no way you have seen a lot of games Potter has managed and you mentioned his style first not me.

All I was trying to do was say why basing a managerial appointment on style isn't probably the best thing to do when selecting a manager for Everton. Everton fans will either get behind a manager with a proven track record at a very high level or one of their own. Anyone else will have half the fan base ready to tear them apart as soon as results start to go bad.

The main reason why Dunc is probably the best man for the job is because the fans won't turn on him and I think if Everton are to get stability this is the most important criteria because all managers have dodgy runs but most if given the time get through it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

There's no way you have seen a lot of games Potter has managed and you mentioned his style first not me.

All I was trying to do was say why basing a managerial appointment on style isn't probably the best thing to do when selecting a manager for Everton. Everton fans will either get behind a manager with a proven track record at a very high level or one of their own. Anyone else will have half the fan base ready to tear them apart as soon as results start to go bad.

The main reason why Dunc is probably the best man for the job is because the fans won't turn on him and I think if Everton are to get stability this is the most important criteria because all managers have dodgy runs but most if given the time get through it.

More shite... have know of Potter since Sweden and in lower league. Believe that or not I dont care. Your opinion on it is irrelevant.

Mentioned the way he implements a style and has improved players as reason I like him and what achieved so far. Nothing is certain. Maybe he tanks from here who know but all will play out.

Couldnt care less if you or Everton fans want him or not. Told you that enough times.

No all you tried to do is make up shit to argue against with every post.

Adversus

More shite... have know of Potter since Sweden and in lower league. Believe that or not I dont care. Your opinion on it is irrelevant.

Mentioned the way he implements a style and has improved players as reason I like him and what achieved so far. Nothing is certain. Maybe he tanks from here who know but all will play out.

Couldnt care less if you or Everton fans want him or not. Told you that enough times.

No all you tried to do is make up shit to argue against with every post.
I have no problem if you like Potter and think he's a good coach. He probably is but this a question of whether he's right for Everton so the fans do matter. It's your opinion that doesn't matter.

JamDav1982

I have no problem if you like Potter and think he's a good coach. He probably is but this a question of whether he's right for Everton so the fans do matter. It's your opinion that doesn't matter.

No my opinion is on Potter and at best Potter v Dyche.

You are the one bringing in 'whether he is right for Everton'. I dont care what Everton fans want. Whether they want him or not is irrelevant to any points being made.

Latest strawman is it? I think my opinion should matter on Potter at Everton or opinion should matter to fans like you?

Weak strawman that one when said exact opposite all way through.

Your opinion means fuck all also as 'Big Dunc' never getting the job if want to go down that route.

Dont think you are all there at this point the shite you make up to argue against.

Your opinion on who should be Everton coach is empty to me as it is to your club.

Last edited:

Adversus

No my opinion is on Potter and at best Potter v Dyche.

You are the one bringing in 'whether he is right for Everton'. I dont care what Everton fans want. Whether they want him or not is irrelevant to any points being made.

Latest strawman is it? I think my opinion should matter on Potter at Everton or opinion should matter to fans like you?

Weak strawman that one when said exact opposite all way through.

Your opinion means fuck all also as 'Big Dunc' never getting the job if want to go down that route.

Dont think you are all there at this point the shite you make up to argue against.

Your opinion on who should be Everton coach is empty to me as it is to your club.

No that is what you want the question to be because you've made yourself look an idiot by your arrogance thinking you know what Everton should want in a manager instead of an actual supporter of that club.

This was the comment you replied to saying you would choose Potter if it was between the two.

Ancelotti was an interesting period at Everton. But glamour managers want glamour clubs. To get another opportunity at RM he could not ignore at his age. He would go there with no money or little money to spend.
Everton need to avoid a glamour manager. Big Dunc, for me no. If he wants to manage prove yourself elsewhere. Everton look at Potter or Dyche

But instead of addressing this you just keep saying strawman like one of those annoying woke little shits.

Adversus

When was Everton the best club in Europe?
Missed this. In the 1980s Everton and Liverpool were two of the best clubs in England and probably in Europe however it's harder to say because back then only the champions and cup winners played in the European competitions.

Unfortunately in the season when Everton won the league and European Cup Winners Cup beating Bayern Munich, Liverpool managed to get all the English clubs banned from Europe when playing a game against Juventus but Everton would have probably won the European Cup the following season. Everton also went on to win the league again 2 seasons later after throwing a massive lead away the season before plus it felt like we were in the FA Cup Final every year back then. Unfortunately by the time the English clubs were let back into Europe Everton were in a transitional period and the Premier League had just started and overnight transformed English football and the money that was involved.

This is the style Everton need to get back to not becoming a poor imitation of Barcelona. There's a reason why Klopp loves Liverpool as a club because he knows his football is the kind both Liverpool and Everton fans want to watch and can really make the difference when they do.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I agree get back to the glory 80s when Everton was the best in Europe. Gotta get the manager from those times to help you achieve that. Big Sam fits like a glove!

Home of Barca Fans