Carlo Ancelotti

Andresito

Staff member
He's still relatively young at 63. To end the career with 4 years of NT duty with a much lower workload compared to club football isn't too bad. Plus he'll get to have a go at trophies he lacks.

Morten

I think we had about the same point total at this stage last season(can someone confirm?).

So, Carlo basically got lucky we had no opposition last season in the league.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think we had about the same point total at this stage last season(can someone confirm?).

So, Carlo basically got lucky we had no opposition last season in the league.

At 20 games played 46 pts, 41-17 goals in 21/22 (3rd Jan back then). 45 now, 40-17
Hardly news to anyone that paid attention though. Only folk who were deluded would think Barca would be in analogous shape and some still keep claiming they will implode as haven't hit a rut and weak form. Perez probably counting on that too

iniestaGOAT

At 20 games played 46 pts, 41-17 goals in 21/22 (3rd Jan back then). 45 now, 40-17
Hardly news to anyone that paid attention though. Only folk who were deluded would think Barca would be in analogous shape and some still keep claiming they will implode as haven't hit a rut and weak form. Perez probably counting on that too

He is counting on mbappe coming

But Perez is the son and mbappe is the father

Never happening

Birdy

He apparently replied about Brazil rumour in a press question

I see him there if he gets the sack this season. For 4 or possibly for 8 years
NT competitions are low workload environment, can handle it at his age

Birdy

So, what was the game plan?
We suck so bad in possession, no game plan outside of counter attacks.

Not saying this because i hate Madrid,
but Ancelotti is and always has been (the last many years) clueless on how to attack.
His basic plan for big games is sit back and counter. when this doesn't work, it's tactically game over for him

ajnotkeith

He reacted really, really slowly today.

It was clear Xavi wanted to park the bus right from the start of 2nd half but he waited to make attacking subs for no reason, and only gave 10 minutes to Alvaro when needed a big presence in the box.

Morten

Not saying this because i hate Madrid,
but Ancelotti is and always has been (the last many years) clueless on how to attack.
His basic plan for big games is sit back and counter. when this doesn't work, it's tactically game over for him

Teams in Spain largely understand this, its strange why teams in Europe doesnt understand this, in particular these english sides keeps giving us all this space for some reason.

Home of Barca Fans