Carlo Ancelotti

coco1247

Banned
It's something I will keep repeating over and over until this deal becomes official because I have good reason to dislike this transfer. Once it's official, Bale will have my full support because he'll be a RM player and I wish only the best for each of our players. Especially the ones we pay 100 mil for.

I get we have money. I get we can afford it. But it's about our image here imo. Paying that much money for him? Surely you see the ridiculousness of that transfer even if we had 100 mil to spend every year. Now, I'm not gonna go into the what-ifs (if he fails, if it backfires financially,...), no need for that. We can only wait and pray for the best.

As for your assessment of his price, that's just where we differ. Initially I said 60 mil, changed it to 70, because fuck it, that's the market right now. That's still 30 mil too much. That's a lot of money.
Why I would rather invest in someone else, someone we perhaps need? I don't know, common sense I guess, I'd rather we develop our game in a different direction than what we'll do with Bale. You have guaranteed counter-attacking football with him and Ronaldo. We went through that, it was awesome for a while, winning the league with 100 points and so on, but at some point it's just boring. What we have right now is really nice football. Needs improvement, definitely, but I like it.
I'm hoping Carlo finds a way to accommodate Bale in his plan and to play spectacular football as he calls it. If not...counters, here we come.

And to your remark about Martino, I agree, it would have been more prudent if he hadn't said anything, no need for him to get involved, but I agree with him. Just because you have the money, doesn't mean you have to spend it like a lunatic. Nothing to do with how European football works. You don't see deals like this every year in Europe. Ronaldo was the last and it should have stayed the last until someone better appears on the scene who's actually worth that money.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
In my opinion, Neymar has the potential to be a better player than Bale. He has more rough talent than Bale, while Bale is physically superior. Plus, he's three years younger.

Turson

In my opinion, Neymar has the potential to be a better player than Bale. He has more rough talent than Bale, while Bale is physically superior. Plus, he's three years younger.

Im not talking about future. Besides, Bale also isnt in his prime yet.

ebc_99

Neymar is more talented than Bale but as he has not been in Europe before people will not give him as much credit. But in my opinion Neymar will be the next best player in the world after Messi in about 3 or 4 years.

Bertus

Neymar is more talented than Bale but as he has not been in Europe before people will not give him as much credit. But in my opinion Neymar will be the next best player in the world after Messi in about 3 or 4 years.
I don't agree that he's more talented than Bale.

But he's younger and I think he could outclass Bale in a few years.

ebc_99

I don't agree that he's more talented than Bale.

But he's younger and I think he could outclass Bale in a few years.

He is undoubtedly more talented, a natural footballer, Bale is more an athlete who is very good at football while Neymar is a natural footballer who has to be an athlete to play at the highest level. It is similar to the difference between Messi and Ronaldo.

Neymar can do things that nobody else can do even Messi would struggle to pull off some of the things Neymar can but that doesn't mean he is better than Messi just has different strengths.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

suckabov

Lemon curry?
He is undoubtedly more talented, a natural footballer, Bale is more an athlete who is very good at football while Neymar is a natural footballer who has to be an athlete to play at the highest level. It is similar to the difference between Messi and Ronaldo.
And I don't even think there's only Neymar, but a number of youngsters who are more naturally talented than Bale, or at least on par.

Maria

As you said... that's where Tata made a fool of himself... now if Wenger came out with that it's understandable but not Tata

:lol:
Tata can make a fool of himself all he wants because atleast he knows how to use his own players and he's not a hypocrite like your last 2 coaches.

and certainly not in a year where you broke the record for fees paid for players coming straight from South America without a single Champions league game under his belt

And let's not forget that he hasn't played in PL like Bale and he keeps all his marketing rights for himself. Who cares if the boy is the leader of the brazilian NT at the age of 21 and can play football?

Zuess99

This tactic reminds me of the psg game where he played beckham as a midfielder and not on the wing. Carlo Einstein. Forever experimenting.

juguar

Carlo Ancelotti prepared well, and came out with a super gameplan. For once, Diego Simeone had no response.

Home of Barca Fans