Carlo Ancelotti

Horatio

You're welcome
He read well PSG superior in many ways. Played according to resources available.
Couldn't do much. Mf has aged.

Should not be too harsh on him. Recent Barca coaches faced same issue.

Morten

He read well PSG superior in many ways. Played according to resources available.
Couldn't do much. Mf has aged.

Should not be too harsh on him. Recent Barca coaches faced same issue.

You act as if he didn't have other options, which isn't true.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lineup isnt nearly as much an issue as prep for this game. Was obvious Vini and Benz are our best players all season but can't just rely on then 98% of the time.

He just makes it 5x as difficult. No need. Just use Hazard, use Fede, use even Nacho. Use your goddamn utility players to give first 11 breathing room, a sense of competition rather than "duty". Now he has no other option as Casemiro and Mendy banned for return leg... I mean, just fucking work your squad you old Catenaccio cunt

It's infuriating seeing someone so stubborn when you know they can do better if want to. He used team way better at the start of season. That 6-1 Mallorca game with Asensio hattrick out of RCM position next to Fede and Cama would never repeat now

El Gato

Villarato!
It depends. Either
A) will be sacked if barely wins La Liga and crashes out of CL in this style if Pochettino or Tuchel available, more so if loses Liga to Sevilla
B) will be kept if wins La Liga with considerable advantage, comes back to win vs PSG and competes vs City or another top team when facing them

Pochettino only gonna be called up depending how things go for him in CL. I think semifinal and good showing will be enough to make Perez pull trigger in event of Liga becoming agonizingly close with Seville at the same time

Morten

Don't think Perez will allow Ancelotti to stay if we limp out of CL with a similiar display in the return leg, even if we walk the league i think he's gone in the summer.

El Gato

Villarato!
Won't even have reason to keep him after he wins us the league.

It's kinda clear he only came back to collect the one top5 league trophy he hasn't won yet. He's putting personal project ahead of building an actual working system that uses everything at disposal.
I almost hope it backfires and we lose it to Seville because off how cynical it comes off

fergus90

I would be surprised if he did continue next season to be honest about it. He was almost heading into the managerial wilderness as seen by him going to Everton and things were getting stale there.

The timing for the Madrid vacancy was perfect for him and of course it helps that this season he has a huge chance to collect the LL trophy. Had that job not been available I doubt many other top teams would be considering him at this point in his career.

To be honest ever since his AC Milan stint ended, he's rarely stayed at a club beyond two seasons anyway.

Very a much a manager for the here and the now and does what's required for the season in front of him rather than developing players.

khaled_a_d

new coach this summer?

Doubt it happens if he wins the league and no elite coach is available.
Perez has taken a gamble with relatively unproven coaches like Lopetegui ,Solari, Zidane and older one who didn't win a league in 11 years before appointed (Benitez) and only Zidane worked out well.
I doubt he will take another gamble again unless Pochettino or Tuchel or even Zidane again are ready to sign.

Home of Barca Fans