Carlo Ancelotti

Adversus

Potter is managerial flavor of the month. There's nothing standout in his record and he's really just a poor man's Roberto Martinez. Although I thought Martinez did well for us I know that's not what is going to get the Everton fans excited and they won't stick with him when the results are bad. Duncan on the other hand has been assistant to Martinez, Koeman, Silva, Allardyce and Ancelotti and in the only run of games he managed when he played Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal finished with a win and two draws with an Everton team that were playing awful at the time who then looked transformed.

Everton need a manager that the fans can get behind and who will play aggressive physical football. They should be modelling themselves on A Madrid not Barcelona. If ever a club needed to go back to their basics Everton is the club.

We don't have bad players. We just need to inject some energy into our game and on reflection the appointment of Ancelotti was probably the last thing we needed.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Potter took Ostersunds up four levels in Sweden and then to top league then onto Europa league and then got out the group before losing to Arsenal.

Did well at Swansea when there was little money and had began to implement his style when they finished 10th.

Transformed the way Brighton play and has taken Sanchez, White, Lamptey, Bissouma, Trossard up a level and one of best coached team in league last season.

Will go on to better things soon enough whether at Everton or not.

Who do you want to get it? Moyes?

Last edited:

Mateka

I’d go for Potter at Everton. Moyes is like a guy who has just found where he left his reading glasses. He found them at West Ham. Stay there.

Adversus

Potter took Ostersunds up four levels in Sweden and then to top league then onto Europa league and then got out the group before losing to Arsenal.

Did well at Swansea when there was little money and had began to implement his style when they finished 10th.

Transformed the way Brighton play and has taken Sanchez, White, Lamptey, Bissouma, Trossard up a level and one of best coached team in league last season.

Will go on to better things soon enough whether at Everton or not.

Who do you want to get it? Moyes?
Are you seriously going to compare Swedish football to the EPL. I told you who I wanted.

I want Dunc. He has experience under the biggest managers currently in the game. Both Barcelona and Real Madrid's head coach as well as the FIFA No1 ranked country in the world.

Plus he's an ex player who will get the players playing the way the fans want them to play. It's like Barcelona appointing Diego Simeone. It doesn't matter how good a coach he is when the fans don't want to watch that kind of football.

JamDav1982

Are you seriously going to compare Swedish football to the EPL. I told you who I wanted.

I want Dunc. He has experience under the biggest managers currently in the game. Both Barcelona and Real Madrid's head coach as well as the FIFA No1 ranked country in the world.

Plus he's an ex player who will get the players playing the way the fans want them to play. It's like Barcelona appointing Diego Simeone. It doesn't matter how good a coach he is when the fans don't want to watch that kind of football.

Never compared Swedish football to EPL so that shitty strawman failed.

'Potter has shown nothing but I want Duncan Ferguson'.

Good luck with that awful shout. Im oot from this nonsense.

Adversus

Never compared Swedish football to EPL so that shitty strawman failed.

'Potter has shown nothing but I want Duncan Ferguson'.

Good luck with that awful shout. Im oot from this nonsense.
You gave what he did in Sweden as a qualification of why he would succeed in the EPL.

Potter who never played at a high level finished 10th in the championship after one year and when approached by Brighton he jumped ship then has did two years with Brighton were he last finished 16th and you expect that's enough of a resume at a top level or that it shows any loyalty to the club who would be hiring him.

Finally he plays a style of football others who are FAR FAR better managers have come and tried to implement at Everton and failed miserably.

I stand by what I said. He's a managerial flavor of the month and in at most a year or two will be sacked and then no one will even remember him.

JamDav1982

You gave what he did in Sweden as a qualification of why he would succeed in the EPL.

Potter who never played at a high level finished 10th in the championship after one year and when approached by Brighton he jumped ship then has did two years with Brighton were he last finished 16th and you expect that's enough of a resume at a top level or that it shows any loyalty to the club who would be hiring him.

Finally he plays a style of football others who are FAR FAR better managers have come and tried to implement at Everton and failed miserably.

I stand by what I said. He's a managerial flavor of the month and in at most a year or two will be sacked and then no one will even remember him.

No I didnt you moron. I stated what he had achieved and had done well to date not that 'his time in Sweden is comparable to EPL' or only time he has shown what can achieve.

Lets see in couple years who is better manager Potter or 'Big Dunc'.

fergus90

Does Duncan Ferguson have the temperament for management? Always was a very fiery character, could see that going tits up pretty fast.

JamDav1982

Does Duncan Ferguson have the temperament for management? Always was a very fiery character, could see that going tits up pretty fast.

No but he has worked under Ancelotti, Koeman and Martinez is all it takes seemingly.

Three managers the Everton fan slated as not doing anything great... but now working under them is enough qualification to get the job.

Last edited:

Adversus

No I didnt you moron. I stated what he had achieved and had done well to date not that 'his time in Sweden is comparable to EPL' or only time he has shown what can achieve.

Lets see in couple years who is better manager Potter or 'Big Dunc'.
Are you for real. You were arguing why he would be a good appointment for Everton and mentioned his experience in Sweden.

If you weren't comparing it to the EPL and thereby relevant then why didn't you also mention his social studies degree from the Open University or his time with the Ghana women's international team etc

There's literally nothing in his past that suggests he would succeed at Everton. I admit Dunc is a risk as they all are but we have at least seen how his team would play and he has been assistant under some of the best managers in the game and just because it never worked out in the end doesn't mean there wasn't anything he didn't learn.

What is a good temperament for a football manager. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of any of the successful ones so if that's a qualification he probably does.

Anyway this is the Ancelotti thread so don't want to clutter it up more.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Are you for real. You were arguing why he would be a good appointment for Everton and mentioned his experience in Sweden.

If you weren't comparing it to the EPL and thereby relevant then why didn't you also mention his social studies degree from the Open University or his time with the Ghana women's international team etc

There's literally nothing in his past that suggests he would succeed at Everton. I admit Dunc is a risk as they all are but we have at least seen how his team would play and he has been assistant under some of the best managers in the game and just because it never worked out in the end doesn't mean there wasn't anything he didn't learn.

What is a good temperament for a football manager. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of any of the successful ones so if that's a qualification he probably does.

Anyway this is the Ancelotti thread so don't want to clutter it up more.

No I pointed out what he had achieved in career to date and by then had said he is better choice than Dyche not trying to 'argue why would be good appointment for Everton' so another strawman.

You dont even understand what you are arguing against.

Taking Ostersunds up through four levels in Sweden and to further in Europe than Everton have probably been in decades is an achievement worth noting on his progression to where is at now.

Not 'comparing EPL to Sweden' strawman shite you came out with.

Lets see where Potter and 'Big Dunc' are as managers in couple years. Will all play out to see who is correct from here.

Last edited:

Messigician

No I pointed out what he had achieved in career to date and by then had said he is better choice than Dyche not trying to 'argue why would be good appointment for Everton' so another strawman.

You dont even understand what you are arguing against.

Taking Ostersunds up through four levels in Sweden and to further in Europe than Everton have probably been in decades is an achievement worth noting on his progression to where is at now.

Not 'comparing EPL to Sweden' strawman shite you came out with.

Lets see where Potter and 'Big Dunc' are as managers in couple years. Will all play out to see who is correct from here.

No one cares to remember that years later LMFAO

Adversus

No one cares to remember that years later LMFAO

I doubt we will have to wait that long. I think the point this guy just won't accept is the fans don't want to watch possession based football. They want to get back to aggressive fast football like what we played when we were one of the best clubs in Europe. We've tried the modern Barca way and frankly unless you have Iniesta it just doesn't work.

Home of Barca Fans