Gerardo Martino, new coach of FC Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degane

Welcome Tata Martino! Wish him the best at FCB. I like his football philosophy so we'll have to see where how it works.

F

Flavia

When Messi praised Tata in the press, I'm sure that was per club orders. The club obviously gets the key players involved in recruitment and in preparing the public.

I wonder if Barca has had an option with Tata for quite a while now? He did leave his Newell's job, and did not accept any new position. Barca could afford to pay him more just to wait and be ready than Newells could pay him to coach. Given the very serious nature of Tito's illness, it would only have been prudent management to have a suitable coach ready to go as a contingency plan. Lot's of coach's would just wait for the chance for the Barca job.

Messi praised him a year ago. There was no way of knowing Tito wouldn't be fit for the job. And the interview was for an argetinian newspaper, I doubt anyone here read that, or heard about Messi praising Tata.

I'm starting to get pretty optimistic about this guy, and I think he could turn out to be a great choice. His lack of experience in Europe makes him a bit of a risk, but he does seem to tick most/all of the other boxes.

Last edited:
I

instinct

I'm starting to get fairly optimistic about this guy, and think he could turn out to be a great choice. His lack of experience in Europe makes him a bit of a risk, but he does seem to tick most/all the other boxes.

Yes, he's risky but the fact that he only coached South American teams could give us an advantage too. I think that no European team knows the exact philosophy Martino conveys to his players and this could give us, compared to last season a tactical unpredictability, at least for the first months.

BarcAjax

I think Martino is the first coach from out of the Barca. He doesn't know Barca's philosophy, system and tiki - taka. What will he do. Will he change everything or will he learn Barca's philosophy. I wonder

ShandyFFM

Gerardo Martino "I don't know the details of how they chose me. But I have no doubts that Jorge and Lionel have influenced and gave their opinion to the club"

Like i said FC LionelMessi :D

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Gerardo Martino "I don't know the details of how they chose me. But I have no doubts that Jorge and Lionel have influenced and gave their opinion to the club"

9qyako.jpg

barcanuck

Messi praised him a year ago. There was no way of knowing Tito wouldn't be fit for the job. And the interview was for an argetinian newspaper, I doubt anyone here read that, or heard about Messi praising Tata.

Messi is smart and he knows the board may have a plan B if Tito has a relapse. So surely Messi knew at this point Tata was on this list :) We'll call this a Messi hire!

barcanuck

HAHAHAH LEO GETS HIS WAY! We want to make sure he doesn't leave to a tax haven like Monaco if these taxes are too hefty to pay! What do we do? Hire a his dad's fave player and coach of Newels!

FiReFTW

Good tactitian, he can do good.. but we need to sort out our defence or else no coach can help us. 35 year old always injured puyol, completely lost and shadow of his former self Pique, new and inexperienced Bartra and a DM Mascherano is what we have at our CB spot atm.. horrible

Gohan

Super Saiyan
I am sure this guy knows about a few talents in South America that are still unknown and can be picked up at discount prices.

Hopefully he signs a centreback that no one knows about and he turns about to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans