Alvaro Morata

Barca's striker too old, bulky, slow, short and entitled to score these Morata/UCL type of headers

Not to mention 90% of Messi's indirect free kicks are too low/short and easy to clear

Difficult to win UCL without the main weapon that other top euro teams rely on heavily.

Last edited:

malvolio

If we had gotten Morata we could truly rest Suarez.

I don't think it would have worked for us either way. First off, we don't know if Morata would have come to us to sit on the bench. Second, it is clearly a thing of him having the adequate environment in order to perform. At Atletico he was a starter basically from day one and Simeone is surely a great motivator.

Now imagine Morata sitting on our bench and getting measly minutes from Valverde. Would you put your money on him performing strait away?

He made the right move going home and playing for a team that uses him as a starter. A couple of games(as a starter) later and he starts banging them in.

Alik

I don't think it would have worked for us either way. First off, we don't know if Morata would have come to us to sit on the bench. Second, it is clearly a thing of him having the adequate environment in order to perform. At Atletico he was a starter basically from day one and Simeone is surely a great motivator.

Now imagine Morata sitting on our bench and getting measly minutes from Valverde. Would you put your money on him performing strait away?

He made the right move going home and playing for a team that uses him as a starter. A couple of games(as a starter) later and he starts banging them in.

True, but still better than KBP.

raki

If we had gotten Morata we could truly rest Suarez.

Now we can't. Not even in a game against Rayo, with all due respect to Rayo (a team that I like by the way).

Suarez can easily rest againt Rayo. C´mon. Morata was expensive and would never accept to be a benchwarmer.

raki

Not the least surprised but certain other users knew better than what I was writing. Similarly with the KPB fiasco. Not that you would have needed to be an Einstein to make those two predictions which is why it was even more baffling that we had users here being vehemently against a cheap loan deal of Morata.

Cheap loan??? :lol:

Leo_Messi

Cheap loan??? :lol:

Considering what Chelsea paid for him in the summer of 2017 and that Atlético loaned him for 1.5 years (not just 5-6 months) and the fact that Chelsea is paying 50% of his wages, I believe it is a rather cheap loan for a player of his quality.

Compared to the €2 million that we paid for the joke that is KPB, I would definitely consider it a cheap loan.

raki

Considering what Chelsea paid for him in the summer of 2017 and that Atlético loaned him for 1.5 years (not just 5-6 months) and the fact that Chelsea is paying 50% of his wages, I believe it is a rather cheap loan for a player of his quality.

Compared to the €2 million that we paid for the joke that is KPB, I would definitely consider it a cheap loan.

Barça did not pay 2M for KPB.

The reports in January were : Atletico paid 7.5M for the loan + 100% wage.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Suarez can easily rest againt Rayo. C´mon. Morata was expensive and would never accept to be a benchwarmer.
If we were not willing to offer what atm did we would have been stupid, but like others said i think morata chose his destination. Atm got a great low risk deal for a talented but inconsistent player, no question. Whether he becomes consistent enough to buy and pay his level of wages is entirely a different matter, and atm can just wait and assess.

El Gato

Villarato!
@Wolfe , I just know you are going to love this quote from your favourite player :

Morata:"Juve bet on me when I was young,coming back was a dream of mine"

I recall him saying that playing for Atletico was his childhood dream aswell. I wonder what his next dream is, after he gets bounced from Juve after 1 season.

Man's a meme. Funny thing is he realised he cocked up at Chelsea, got counseling and went back to being this way.

6 months after this:

lmao

Spanish Adebayor

Laplacian

Feels like this cat changes clubs every year.

Every two years I think.

The dude has everything to be a top striker: technique, acceleration, physical ability, and finishing ability. The thing he lacks the most is composure and mental strength, and man, that fucks him up the most; he clearly can't handle the game under pressure.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans