2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOTM for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played well = Roberto (motm), Adriano, Alexis and Messi (though not to his highest standards but its pre-season, what can you expect).

Worrying = Bartra, Montoya, JDS.

The kids did ok, Neymar has been training for a day with a new club in a new continent, I'm definitely not about to make any judgement on his performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how Roura is smiling and chilling while we are drawing 2-2 with some minnow team from Poland...I know its a friendly but you could clearly see the difference in lets say Messis attitude and Rouras.
    And ffs what was wrong with their team,they butchered us for the whole 90 minutes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I love how Roura is smiling and chilling while we are drawing 2-2 with some minnow team from Poland...I know its a friendly but you could clearly see the difference in lets say Messis attitude and Rouras.
    And ffs what was wrong with their team,they butchered us for the whole 90 minutes!
    You've said it yourself, it's a friendly. The players are young and ambitious, they'll try to do well any time, but the coach / assistant is probably more aware at that moment of how irrelevant these games are. I couldn't care less if we lost all of our preseason games. It's a warmup. And yes, they were surprisingly aggressive, WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stric View Post
    You've said it yourself, it's a friendly. The players are young and ambitious, they'll try to do well any time, but the coach / assistant is probably more aware at that moment of how irrelevant these games are. I couldn't care less if we lost all of our preseason games. It's a warmup. And yes, they were surprisingly aggressive, WTF?
    This. Also it'll (hopefully) be the last time he manages the first team, so he has to enjoy it.

PhilS
    At least these friendlies are giving Sergi Roberto the chance to show that he belongs. The players do need pre-season games to get in shape, but these long-travel games against inferior opposition are too much like prostituting a great team. This one in particular splits the squad when it needs to be together. Neymar was obviously promised to avoid financial penalty for the postponement of the initially scheduled game. In future years, why not set up little tournaments against some top clubs? That is the type of practise this team needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    You all are forgetting Song. He's really handsome.
    Those haircuts though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    In future years, why not set up little tournaments against some top clubs? That is the type of practise this team needs.
    I don't like those mini-tournaments i.e. Emirates Cup and all that bollocks. Did you see the state of the pitch in Hong Kong, in the tournament Man City were in? I've seen better looking peat-bogs. :smiley_scared:

They are far too unnecessarily competitive and you see players getting injured in those games too often for my liking.

I think games against lowing opposition are the best preparation, as long as they have an understanding that they are not to kick us up in the air. It's all about getting fit for the start of the season, the results are meaningless (within reason).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we train all the defenders in the club to be bad at jumping??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sergi Roberto's capacity to read a match is incredible. Flawless positioning. Me gusta. Me gusta mucho.
    "He moves like a Turkish belly dancer on a skimboard!"- Ray Hudson on Ronaldinho

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vil?*, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KluivertsBoots View Post
    Sergi Roberto's capacity to read a match is incredible. Flawless positioning. Me gusta. Me gusta mucho.
    The kid is awesome, does not move backward bt always forward, the way he runs wit d ball reminds me of kaka @ AC milan, we damn lucky we sold thiago!