Celta Vigo

Messi983

Celta Vigo are set to sign USMNT midfielder Luca de la Torre. Full agreement in place, Luis Campos wanted him as potential future star. Fee will be around $2m, as per [MENTION=8305]Marc[/MENTION]a

De la Torre has agreed personal terms with Celta.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1545221630573481984

First time I hear about this guy. I've thought he's some youngster but is already 24 and last two seasons has played for Heracles who were just relegated from the Eredivisie. Who am I to doubt Campos though?

Messi983

They have signed Jorgen Strand Larsen from Groningen for 11m. Similar physical profile to Haaland but no idea how good he is.

Pretty risky signing with that much money involved but Campos must clearly see big potential in him. We'll see if Coudet will actually play him.

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION], what do you think about him?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They have signed Jorgen Strand Larsen from Groningen for 11m. Similar physical profile to Haaland but no idea how good he is.

Pretty risky signing with that much money involved but Campos must clearly see big potential in him. We'll see if Coudet will actually play him.

@DonAK, what do you think about him?

He's a decent player that's developed a lot last couple of years, but not sure this will work out considering someone like S?rloth who's a much better player and similar profile didn't have great succees for La Real.

Messi983

I think Sorloth did quite well last few months after he adapted and started to play more regularly. And Sociedad brought him back on loan as well.

We'll see how he'll do but as said pretty risky approach by Campos signing this kid and also Williot Swedberg before him. He could be right evaluating their talent but don't think any of those signings were approved by Coudet so questionable if he'll actually give them a chance. Swedberg didn't play a minute in first three games.

Good thing for him is he wouldn't be expected to bring goals immediately as Celta still have Aspas playing on a high level. Could also benefit a lot playing next to him.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I find it weird that Campos is working for two clubs. I get that Celta and PSG are far from being rivals, but if he unearths a 19 year talent worth 5m, who signs him?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I find it weird that Campos is working for two clubs. I get that Celta and PSG are far from being rivals, but if he unearths a 19 year talent worth 5m, who signs him?

Celta and then sells him to PSG a couple of years later with a hefty commission for himself :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans