Celta Vigo

Messi983

Guidetti was really sh** against United and RM but I don't think he's really that bad player. He had some injury problems this season and that probably influenced him. That said, it looks like Celta is willing to sell him. Apparently they already bought Uruguayan kid Maxi Gomez who is a similar type of player to Guidetti.

Official confirmation that Berizzo will leave Celta. My guess is he's going to Sevilla and there are rumours that Pellegrino will be the next Celta coach.

[tw]865873009025974272[/tw]

Messi983

[tw]998981104416755712[/tw]

Celta has announced 48 year-old Argentinian Antonio Mohamed as their new coach. So far he was coaching in his home country and Mexico with Monterrey being his last club. Apparently his coaching style is similar to Berizzo's.

From his wiki page...

His nickname is Turco. In June 2006 Mohamed's nine-year-old son Faryd was killed in a car accident during the World Cup in Germany.[28] Mohamed himself suffered severe injuries in the accident and was in danger of losing his leg

:(

khaled_a_d

[tw]998981104416755712[/tw]

Celta has announced 48 year-old Argentinian Antonio Mohamed as their new coach. So far he was coaching in his home country and Mexico with Monterrey being his last club. Apparently his coaching style is similar to Berizzo's.

From his wiki page...

:(

That is a one weird name

Messi983

Celta have executed Fran Beltran's 8M buy out clause today. Big time talent, really interested to see how he'll do in a better team. Probably won't play a lot this season with Lobotka still in Vigo but if/when he'll leave Beltran should take over his role.

[tw]1024583657669963777[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gone through a significant style change this guy lol

[tw]1036021786029305856[/tw]

Porque

Celta have executed Fran Beltran's 8M buy out clause today. Big time talent, really interested to see how he'll do in a better team. Probably won't play a lot this season with Lobotka still in Vigo but if/when he'll leave Beltran should take over his role.

[tw]1024583657669963777[/tw]

3 games, 270 minutes. Fran Beltran has had an excellent start and so have Celta.

Messi983

I didn't expect Beltran to play that much from the start. I've thought Yokuslu will play in midfield with Lobotka but then he got injured and Beltran used his chances very well.

Morten

Great club, great spirit, never gives up whenever they are down against Barca, always keep fighting, and are rewarded for their efforts.

Messi983

Celta have sacked Oscar Garcia a few days ago and replaced him with Eduardo Coudet. He has never played or coached in Europe before but he has won Argentine Primera Division 2018-19 with Racing Club.

I think Celta is trying to find a new Berizzo (they also did the same with Antonio Mohamed in 2018) and I wish them the best as I like them as a club and think they should perform much better with a team they have but I don't believe this will end up well for them.

E: I was wrong, he has actually played 9 games for Celta in 2002 so at least he knows the club a bit.

Last edited:

Messi983

Here is a good analysis of Coudet's coaching style.

https://twitter.com/GestoFoot/status/1325875831898595328

I've used google translate but for those who understand spanish if anyone is more interested I suggest to read original tweets (some translations are not really the best). And there is a link to an even more extensive research into Coudet's work with a lot of videos below.

He looks like an interesting coach but we'll see how he'll do in La Liga.

The Vigo press reported the imminent return of Eduardo #Coudet to #Celta de Vigo, this time as a coach.

The Argentine has little to do with ?scar Garc?a in terms of style, so I will bring you a few notes about his teams and their characteristics.

I open thread:

Although his track record is well known in Latin America, his style has not been so defined by the press or analysts.

Coudet uses a 4-1-3-2 as a base scheme, which goes to a kind of 4-4-2 in diamond in positional defenses.

A curious scheme, not so common in Europe.

POSITIONAL OFFENSIVE PHASE

Coudet usually goes for a fast, vertical game. It accumulates, thanks to its drawing, many pieces inside.

Something that leads their teams to have attempts to seek the vertical pass, to go into space or to exploit the freedom of their breaking LATs.

EmZgB6tW4AEamLK

EmZgE38W8AMxeYS

Thanks to the presence of several shuttlecocks, it usually accumulates many pieces in the area to be able to finish off.

Gather many men ahead of the ball in possessions. He likes to have the ball, but to advance with it. Your teams take risks to avoid being horizontal.

BALL OUT

They tend to make it short. As I already mentioned, their teams like to progress through possession and control of the ball, even if they are not long possessions.

Both in restarts and in the base of the offensive phase they usually form Lavolpianas with closing / regista.

That element, as in so many other teams, falls between DFCs to generate a first superiority. Although sometimes it waits in a second height.

It is also common to see supporters from that line of '3 flyers', who take advantage of their presence to generate superiorities from within.

On the other hand, if they try with reboots or long starts, they take advantage of the scheme to be able to quickly put the game together and establish themselves in the rival field.

Even losing the ball, they push after loss and are able to gain ground at a positional level. They have the resources for it.

EmZjYHZWMAUEsp0

POSITIONAL DEFENSIVE PHASE

In defense, a defined drawing does not prevail so much as order and coordination in surveillance. I interpret it as a 4-4-2 diamond on defense.

It is a team that likes to defend away from its area, pressing and being aggressive at the marks.

EmZj4aYXcAApkym

EmZj4aQXcAAXyJu

That is why it is normal to see the block initiating pressure and launching its first lines if they see the rival hesitant.

They condemn the doubts and the lack of depth of the rival thanks to the physique and the deployment in the pressure of their attackers. If they can gain ground, they do.

PRESSURE AFTER LOSS

This is another of Coudet's most characteristic exercises as a coach. If their team loses a ball and is deployed in the opponent's court, instead of retreating they initiate a pressure oriented towards the center of play.

They suffocate until they retrieve it.

It is interesting to mention in all these defensive tasks the '1' of that 4-1-3-2, since he is in charge of balancing the team in many moments.

Either in exchanges with the defenders - if they leave the line - or jumping under the pressure of a rival who escaped the pressure.

His adaptation to the Celta squad remains to be seen. The Vigo club, if Coudet follows an idea similar to this, surely it needs a more physical profile in the MC, with a journey, that can adapt to what it had been using in Argentina or Brazil.

Even another 9, maybe

Renato Tapia's profile seems to fit in wonderfully, on the other hand, with that 'closure' that he had been using in other teams.

The change is great. The physical demand of Oscar's game, in my opinion, is less than Coudet's. Besides that it has nothing to do with the offensive phase.

Even in defense, because with ?scar we saw Celta play many games wrapped up in a low block -5-3-2-.

A low block that is not so common in Coudet's style, or at least it is not a party situation that occurs so much under his command. The Argentine avoids it if he can.

I hope it helps you to have a better idea of ​​how Celta can change in terms of style and play if Coudet arrives. We will see if that news becomes official or is twisted at the last minute.

As always, any dissemination that you give is appreciated. So more can come to this.

P.S: I add a more extensive work to my thread, in which you will be able to see better many aspects of his system.

@Mati_petrone and the people of @MetodoRacing at the time they published good content on how Racing de Coudet worked.

You will see it here: https://twitter.com/i/events/1207300957245202432

Home of Barca Fans