5 - Iñigo Martínez

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Surprised there's no a thread for him yet despite of the fact that barca is heavily linked with him these days. In my opinion, great choice for CB.
Iñigo Mart?*nez Berridi (born 17 May 1991 in Ondarroa, Biscay, Basque Country) is a Spanish footballer who plays for Real Sociedad in La Liga, mainly as a central defender.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/iigo-martinez/profil/spieler_158863.html
Inigo+Martinez+Y0pBD7NAe2Pm.jpg

We would probably have to activate his full buyout clause of 30M to get him.

I'd rather pay 30M for him than get some mediocre CB like Mathieu or Vermaelen for free. We have 35M of the transfer budget left, after all. Not saying that that's a great idea, but I'd rather do that. Of course, I'd rather add 10M to that and get a world-class CB (rather than a potential one) like Silva, but it seems like we're not likely to get him (I don't think it's as impossible as some others here seem to, though).

There's a reason certain players are cheap and others are expensive.

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
Best realistic option after Silva (who Barca won't be getting anyway) imo. Just edges it over Marquinhos because of his experience in La Liga. I'd be very happy if he's our CB signing.

JamDav1982

30m for him would be a total waste.

He is severely over rated on this forum and doesnt have the height and power that Barca lack at the back.

30m for him would be a total waste.

He is severely over rated on this forum and doesnt have the height and power that Barca lack at the back.

He has the aerial ability, his height doesn't really matter.

I'm not saying that 30m for him would be a good deal, but, again, I'd rather get him for 30m than some mediocre CB for free. We need to either get a world-class CB like Silva, or a potential world class CB like Mangala, Marquinhos or Inigo Martinez. IMO, we'll need to spend quite a bit on our CB signing. Probably at least around 20M.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He has the aerial ability, his height doesn't really matter.

I'm not saying that 30m for him would be a good deal, but I'd rather get him for 30m than some mediocre CB for free. We need to either get a world-class CB like Silva, or a potential world class CB like Mangala, Marquinhos or Inigo Martinez. IMO, we'll need to spend quite a bit on our CB signing. Probably at least around 20M.

Decent in the air for his height but Barcelona need a bigger more powerful defender than him.

Would not mind him as as a 10/15m signing with potential for the future but he is not good enough for what Barcelona need just now.

XaviMessiGirl

My first choices are Silva/Marquinhos but I wouldn't mind him as an option either. Certainly better than David Luiz. Or Mathieu (though at least Mathieu is cheap so I won't really complain there, as long as he wouldn't be the ONLY CB signing).

USWAY

Decent in the air for his height but Barcelona need a bigger more powerful defender than him.

Would not mind him as as a 10/15m signing with potential for the future but he is not good enough for what Barcelona need just now.

He's not decent in the air for his height, he's very good in the air for anyone's height. He's also very physical. I agree 30m is too much, but ability in the air and power are the last two things you should be worried about with him.

I would still prefer Marquinhos though.

JamDav1982

He's not decent in the air for his height, he's very good in the air for anyone's height. He's also very physical. I agree 30m is too much, but ability in the air and power are the last two things you should be worried about with him.

I am not saying it is a weakness of his but there are plenty of defenders out there who are better in the air and more powerful than him. Just about every other defender Barca have been linked with are better equipped for that.

This. He's like Puyol, not that tall but still strong and good in the air. I'd also prefer Marquinhos though. And I'd prefer Silva to either of them :p

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
He's a good player but you guys are acting like he's one of the best defenders in the world.

I've watched him plenty with Real Sociedad and the u21 Spain squad, he's not worth 30M.

JamDav1982

This. He's like Puyol, not that tall but still strong and good in the air. I'd also prefer Marquinhos though. And I'd prefer Silva to either of them :p

He is good in the air for his height but there are plenty better.

Looking at the stats last season he was 93rd in the league for headers won. Nowhere near the top central defenders in La Liga which itself does not have the most physically dominant center backs.

He's a good player but you guys are acting like he's one of the best defenders in the world.

I've watched him plenty with Real Sociedad and the u21 Spain squad, he's not worth 30M.

He'd be much better than some of the other CBs we've been linked with (Mathieu, Vermaelen, etc). I'd prefer Marquinhos though. Or better yet, Silva (though, like I said, it looks unlikely to happen).

JamDav1982

Totally agree, he is flavour of the month.

Not even the best defender at Sociedad last season, maybe even third best.

Home of Barca Fans