Jeremy Mathieu

Irish_Cules

It really sucks that his two worst performances have been as a LB against Madrid and tonight as a LCB in a back 3. One of his main strengths was supposed to be the flexibility he would provide us with in defence.

khaled_a_d

Not good but people forgetting Alba got absolutely fucking rekt by Lucas in the first match.

Mathieu was even worse that game ,Cavani totally owned him in almost every play in 1st game .that is 3 games against bad teams with 3 bad performances .one as LB,1 as CB,1 as LCB .one have to worry tbh

Andrew M

He did badly, no doubt. But remember that football is a team game and he had no help against Lucas much of the time. Atletico would double up

Fibonacci

Yeah. Compare the right flank where you have Bartra and Pedro to the left flank where you have Mathieu. Yeah, Neyney is there but he's not exactly very helpful on defense.

DinhoR10

I'd rather have Alba as LWB instead of Pedro as RWB since Bartra seems to handle himself better than Matheiu in this formation.

Antimadridista1

People exaggerate too much.
Any left back will have problems handling Lucas knowing how much space the brazilian had yesterday and his pace.

Jeremy was average. He's a better centre back.

hamoon32

I say again he wasn't LB, He was LCB. Alba can't play LCB so no way alba play instead of him yesterday. and yes he was awful.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I say again he wasn't LB, He was LCB. Alba can't play LCB so no way alba play instead of him yesterday. and yes he was awful.

LCB against VdW and Lucas. In case you forgot Neymar isn't too keen on being a wingback like Pedro so the left was very exposed and Lucas with his pace alone can be a handful.

Peerless

I really don't understand why he doesn't press the FB/Winger when 1 on 1, he lets them cross. Perhaps he's still suffering from that small team mentality.

He's our best CB for sure, but he shouldn't play LB ever again.

hamoon32

B4lIYQvCYAAbMJA.jpg

terrible from mathieu

Kasperroed

Bartra, Pique, Masch and Busquets needs to play most matches (together). Enrique must find a way to fit all of them into the starting XI along with Bravo, Alba, Messi, Suarez, Iniesta and Neymar who should also start most games.

Home of Barca Fans