Jeremy Mathieu

khaled_a_d

it's lucho's fault. not mathieu's. playing one game as a lb, the other as a cb. of course he can't find his playing form. he should've been a cb with alba a lb.

He has always played in those 2 positions,if anything he was LB who was converted to a CB so he was supposed to do fine there more than being a CB
And the most worrying is his 1 vs 1 situations and defensive covers was bad ,some times was really bad ,Mascherano bailed him out many times defensively ,those are a situations he suffered too as a CB against PSG
No excuses this time ,he was really bad and he needs to learn to step up in big games

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Poor guy was scared shitless! Clearly not ready for such a big match, he was pretty bad tonight, he couldn't even control the ball...

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
He was indeed the worst man on the pitch today. Disappointing on the ball, and too central defensively imo

fcbdna

Banned
I have seen manikins who do a better job than this guy. . . We bought a player that has gone passed his peak and is currently way into his declining state.

Shouldent be here in the first Place, i have no clue why we bought him when others where there for the taking. So we bought him and Vermaleen that havent played a minute and cant sign Another one in 2 years? wow

L

linetty

He is top notch but not as left back and that was noticeable tonight. Would've done much better in the center with lightning fast Alba beside him.

serghei

He is not top notch by any means. Some good sliding tackles and some good headers and people went :worthy: on him. He is a decent player, with ball control issues and slow reflexes that make him a liability against good wingers.

I still can't believe a serious coach in this world chose to play a 1.93m CB on the wing on Bernabeu. That's the clearest definition I can think of for "asking for trouble".

Last edited:

Lomar1o

He is not top notch by any means. Some good sliding tackles and some good headers and people went :worthy: on him. He is a decent player, with ball control issues and slow reflexes that make him a liability against good wingers.

I still can't believe a serious coach in this world chose to play a 1.93m CB on the wing on Bernabeu. That's the clearest definition I can think of for "asking for trouble".

the thing is that mathieu as a cb > pique. but our team is managed by monkeys

He is top notch but not as left back and that was noticeable tonight. Would've done much better in the center with lightning fast Alba beside him.

Have you forgot how much fun Cavani and Pastore had with him ?, dribbling him up in the stands. how he simply loses balls that he shouldent lose by just giving them away, passes to no one, cant Control the ball.No, not top notch.

Cule4life

The Culest

Pretty much this. He has been extremely overrated by cules. But maybe that's cause cules are so used to shitty defending in the past years that a small improvement like Mathieu is like a light in a dungeon.

Muttu

Can't help but wonder how the game would have played out with Alba as LB, and Mathieu as CB instead of Piqué.

Kerrybai

He has done well at CB, in fact he has barely put afoot wrong in the ball bar a couple of dodgy clearances and suffering a bit with the pace of PSG...so barring tonights game he has deserved all the credit.

I think its pretty clear now that he should be the nailed on CB for every big game, the question remains who to partner him with. IMO it shouldn't be Masch, its time to give Masch a run of games in midfield.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans