Jeremy Mathieu

Galning

Some of Bartras performances he looked like the worst Barca center half in years.

Oleguer?
His performances were such Trojan horse as well. Gets no confidence from the manager the entire year, can't even play in random games. Then gets dropped into the starting 11 because there's literally nobody left, not having played competitive games in like 8 months... Does alright against PSG.
With the result of getting called one of the worst centre backs by fans. I'm out. Not saying Bartra has what it takes to play for Barcelona (who can tell really?) but getting such a treatment is just ridiculous.

jamrock

Oleguer?
His performances were such Trojan horse as well. Gets no confidence from the manager the entire year, can't even play in random games. Then gets dropped into the starting 11 because there's literally nobody left, not having played competitive games in like 8 months... Does alright against PSG.
With the result of getting called one of the worst centre backs by fans. I'm out. Not saying Bartra has what it takes to play for Barcelona (who can tell really?) but getting such a treatment is just ridiculous.

Yes

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I always saw him as an attack minded full back, don't really trust him as a CB... I mean, we need a goddamned CB not a player who can play CB occasionally...

JamDav1982

Oleguer?

Dropped into the starting eleven? He had started 4 of the previous 8 games before the first Bayern game and involved in another two. He played in 6 of the previous 8 games before the first leg against Bayern.

He was not good in those games and looked all over the place.

psychotsek

Dropped into the starting eleven? He had started 4 of the previous 8 games before the first Bayern game and involved in another two. He played in 6 of the previous 8 games before the first leg against Bayern.

He was not good in those games and looked all over the place.

When the whole team looks all over the place you can't expect the youngsters to perform.
Bartra was forced to play at the highest level and did average to good.He should have more play time to gain experience and confidence.Instead we used Adrianno. :facepalm: :tito:

mixer

Djukic (coach Valencia): "Mathieu to Barça? He's not for sale. We won't negotiate. If they want him, they should pay the buyout fee." [rm]

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Ah, Mathieu, anyone who has played PES 6 will have good memories of this guy, he was bloody awesome in that game, best left back by far. He was the GOAT in that game. Damn, I think I got dust in my eye. :cry:

Xavi_Hernandez

I remember him. He was sooo good in Master League, that in fact he was my captain. Fantastic free-kick taker and also a superb long shot taker. Simply put, PES6 was and still is the best football game everrr.

[YOUTUBE]9LWhSeh-Gdg[/YOUTUBE]

And if Mathieu is bought to replace Abidal, why not just keep Abidal? :/

Meitux

Barcelona logic: We lack a true CB... let's sign a left back.
yes,and i dont Think Mathieu is good enough for Barcelona.Also except that,he played only some games in CB,so he isnt a true option but are they stupid enough not to see it? i dont know..

Galning

Mathieu will sign a contract extension with Valencia according to Mundo Deportivo. Might be today as well.

Home of Barca Fans