Jeremy Mathieu

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I really see no upside of selling Mathieu. He's a very solid backup CB (happy to be a sub too) and we can't earn anything substantial by selling.
And btw. He doesn't earn a lot as he took a paycut to join us.

aaron101

He's not the one who should be replaced. It's Bartra. Mathieu is an awesome backup CB. Took a pay cut to be here and always gives his all.

barcanuck

Replacing Mathieu will be easy. He's not exactly spectacular. We could probably promote a B team CB, make Verm 3rd choice CB, and be just as well off.

That to me has proven to be a failure. When we promoted Bartra and Puyol, Abidal all got injured and Pique was off form. We tried tons of La Masia guys on D and only Bartra has had anything close to success and even his success is debatable.

We really need to have these guys all here to continue challenging for trebles.

God Serena

Either way a new CB is likely coming this summer. Whether it's Verm or Mathieu that leaves, they'll still probably drop the #4 CB (Whether Bartra leaves or not is totally irrelevant at this point), and at that point they'll be playing so rarely that it won't even matter which of them is better. If we can get a decent price for either of them I say take the money and run.

serghei

Not a good idea to sell him. Not his biggest fan, but the man has shown to be useful. And it's not like we'll get 20m for Mathieu. So, there really isn't any advantage.

JackSparrow

I like Matheu and love seeing him in CB. He's doing great and he seems like a nice guy. Doesnt mind being a sub and even took a pay cut to join us. He's great!

mark1nhu

I have been a Mathieu proponent a long time and always had the feeling he has been slightly underrated. It's very clear to me that he is not the best out there but somehow manages to do the right thing at the right moment enough to not have us lose a game. Maybe I just have a lot of sympathy for him. Consider me a fan.

Same here man. I know his flaws, but I am glad and I always was to have him in our squad.

Home of Barca Fans