Jeremy Mathieu

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That he did and I find it kinda strange that people find Mathieu (backup man) main culprit for few recent performances when 200 million attack Suarez-Neymar have been failing us way more.

Mathieu has been bad but things need to be put in perspective. You can only hope for so much from likes of Mathieu but superstars of famous MSN are expected to deliver more than they did.

xXKonan

Defense and attack have been letting me down more than the Midfield this season.

Attack wise it blows my mind just how Frustrating MSN have been this season Missing so many good chances and we end up paying the price for it. Roberto and Verm have been our Bright spots in the Defense this season, Mathieu was just Gash at LB (Not really his fault as he can't play there very well anymore) He did play pretty solidly vs Atletico and Roma but his Sevilla Performances he came underfire for it as he looked out of it.

Pique looks rusty,Masche is off form and Alves has been struggling as well. Alba has been pretty great just can't seem to Cross good, Bartra was pretty good after that Disaster of a Pre season.

Co0ter

Some people are wondering why Mathieu played very well as a LB for Valencia but struggles for us? You'd think it'd be obvious. The guy is turning 32 this month and he's freaking 6'3. He doesn't have the lungs or the legs to play as a fullback anymore. The blame is on Lucho more than anything. Honestly, he's been more good for us as a CB than bad- it's not his fault his manager is hanging him out to dry playing a position he can't handle anymore.

I'm not sure if it was last game or the game before, but he was playing LB and was EXHAUSTED at the end of the first half. By the time he runs back to defense, after attacking, he's out of breath and tired- if anyone here has actually played football before, you know that is when mistakes are made the most. He's a decent CB backup, and that is all he should have ever had to be.

Barcafan 2304

True I believe he has been asked to cover at lb in a position that is not comfortable for him and has struggled accordingly. We will see what happens from now and lucho should have learnt that it is unfair to expect him to cover there.

Home of Barca Fans